COMPUTER VIRUS AND MALWARE THREATS NEWS
- SECURITY: 'Disruptive' virus that hit energy companies resurfaces - E&E News [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 13 Dec 2018 12:11:00 GMT
SECURITY: 'Disruptive' virus that hit energy companies resurfaces E&E News
A crippling computer virus that wiped out tens of thousands of computers at Saudi Aramco six years ago has resurfaced, security researchers say. The Shamoon ...
- Is warning about malicious virus for real? - Houston Chronicle [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 06 Dec 2018 08:00:00 GMT
Is warning about malicious virus for real? Houston Chronicle
Q: I received an email the purported to be a malware infection advisory from AT&T Internet Services Security Center that indicated that one or more devices ...
- What's best way to get rid of malware on personal computer? - TCPalm [Read Full Story ]
Sun, 09 Dec 2018 14:00:00 GMT
What's best way to get rid of malware on personal computer? TCPalm
Q: My trusty PC has been invaded by an evil piece of malware titled "Malicious Pornographic Spyware/Riskware Detected." According to the message I receive ...
- Indian police break up international computer virus scam - KCBD [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 29 Nov 2018 08:00:00 GMT
Indian police break up international computer virus scam KCBD
Indian police arrest nearly two dozen people on suspicion of defrauding people around the world by sending fake pop-up messages warning them that their ...
- This Linux virus is a total jerk, even by malware standards - The INQUIRER [Read Full Story ]
Mon, 26 Nov 2018 08:00:00 GMT
This Linux virus is a total jerk, even by malware standards The INQUIRER
LINUX MAY FALL some way behind Windows in virus distributors' eyes due to its smaller install base, but Linux-focused malware does exist, often taking ...
- That Virus Alert on Your Computer? Scammers in India May Be Behind It - The New York Times [Read Full Story ]
Wed, 28 Nov 2018 08:00:00 GMT
That Virus Alert on Your Computer? Scammers in India May Be Behind It The New York Times
MUMBAI, India " You know the messages. They pop up on your computer screen with ominous warnings like, Your computer has been infected with a virus.
- Ships infected with ransomware, USB malware, worms - ZDNet [Read Full Story ]
Wed, 12 Dec 2018 18:21:00 GMT
Ships infected with ransomware, USB malware, worms ZDNet
Ships are the victims of cyber-security incidents more often than people think. Industry groups publish cyber-security guidelines to address issues.
- Saipem says Shamoon variant crippled hundreds of computers - Reuters [Read Full Story ]
Wed, 12 Dec 2018 18:02:00 GMT
Saipem says Shamoon variant crippled hundreds of computers Reuters
A hack on Italian oil services firm Saipem that crippled more than 300 of the company's computers used a variant of the notorious Shamoon virus, Saipem said, ...
- Ukraine detects new Pterodo backdoor malware, warns of Russian cyberattack - Ars Technica [Read Full Story ]
Tue, 20 Nov 2018 08:00:00 GMT
Ukraine detects new Pterodo backdoor malware, warns of Russian cyberattack Ars Technica
The Computer Emergency Response Team of Ukraine (CERT-UA) and the Foreign Intelligence *Service* of Ukraine have detected a new strain of the Pterodo ...
- The war of the machines: The troubling prospect of deep learning malware - FactorDaily [Read Full Story ]
Mon, 26 Nov 2018 08:00:00 GMT
The war of the machines: The troubling prospect of deep learning malware FactorDaily
AI-based malware is the modern day version of terror sleeper cells. They excel in their ability to lie low for any amount of time and target with as much precision ...
- Emotet Returns with Thanksgiving Theme and Better Phishing Tricks - BleepingComputer [Read Full Story ]
Tue, 20 Nov 2018 08:00:00 GMT
Emotet Returns with Thanksgiving Theme and Better Phishing Tricks BleepingComputer
After a short break, Emotet malware has been observed concealed in documents delivered through emails that pretended to be from financial institutions or ...
- Gamers beware--hackers could steal your personal information - The Courier-Express [Read Full Story ]
Sun, 16 Dec 2018 16:42:00 GMT
Gamers beware--hackers could steal your personal information The Courier-Express
You know about the danger of hackers worming their way into your online accounts to grab your personal data, but did you know they can target video games?
- Is This Cyber Attack An Indirect Hit At Saudi Aramco? | OilPrice.com - OilPrice.com [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 13 Dec 2018 23:00:08 GMT
Is This Cyber Attack An Indirect Hit At Saudi Aramco? | OilPrice.com OilPrice.com
Italy's oil services group Saipem has said that the cyber attack that hit its servers in the Middle East earlier this week is a variant of the notorious Shamoon ...
- Scammer target charity - Komando [Read Full Story ]
Sun, 16 Dec 2018 08:09:15 GMT
Scammer target charity Komando
Scammers recently stole over a million dollars from a charity.
- Malware of the 90s: Remembering the Michelangelo and Melissa viruses - We Live Security [Read Full Story ]
All news content and images are the property of their respective owners.
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 08:00:00 GMT
Malware of the 90s: Remembering the Michelangelo and Melissa viruses We Live Security
The latest installment in our series of articles to mark Antimalware Day focuses on two infamous malicious codes that took center stage as we take a look at ...
News Source: Google News - Computer Virus Warning OR Malware
|OTHER NEWS COVERAGE
- Human Rights
Comprehensive news and analysis from human rights perspective
- Women's Rights
Keep you informed of the latest fights against the dehumanisation and marginalisation of women
- International Law
Stay abreast of the latest legal news around the world
- Online Legal Issues
Explore the key cyber law issues, disputes, and legal issues of ebusiness
- IP & Patents
Get the latest patent news, trademark headlines, and intellectual property stories
- Insurance Industry
Keep you informed of the latest developments that affect this industry
- Banking Industry
Stay abreast of the latest changes in the banking industry
- Forex Markets & Bitcoins
Get updated with the most recent foreign exchange and bitcoins news
See which companies are planning an Initial Public Offering
- Mergers & Acquisitions
News on corporate finance strategy and dealing with the merging and acquiring of other companies