COMPUTER VIRUS AND MALWARE THREATS NEWS
- ASUS computers infected by malicious auto-update virus, researchers warn - MarketWatch [Read Full Story ]
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 07:00:00 GMT
- ASUS computers infected by malicious auto-update virus, researchers warn MarketWatch
- ASUS acknowledges computers infected by auto-update virus The Associated Press
- Researchers: ASUS computers infected by auto-update virus ABC News
- Check if Your Asus Computer Is Among Those Affected by the 'Shadow Hammer' Malware Attack Lifehacker
- Hackers Hijacked ASUS Software Updates to Install Backdoors on Thousands of Computers Motherboard
- View full coverage on Google News
- Computer virus alters cancer scan images - BBC News [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 04 Apr 2019 07:00:00 GMT
Computer virus alters cancer scan images BBC News
A computer virus that can add fake tumours to medical scan images has been created by cyber-security researchers. In laboratory tests, the malware altered 70 ...
- Stuart officials confirm city was hit with computer ransomware attack - TCPalm [Read Full Story ]
Wed, 17 Apr 2019 22:49:00 GMT
Stuart officials confirm city was hit with computer ransomware attack TCPalm
STUART " City officials on Wednesday confirmed a computer virus that infected servers over the weekend was the result of a ransomware attack. The virus ...
- Computer 'hero' who stopped NHS cyber attack admits US malware charges - Metro.co.uk [Read Full Story ]
Sat, 20 Apr 2019 10:12:00 GMT
Computer 'hero' who stopped NHS cyber attack admits US malware charges Metro.co.uk
A British computer expert who was hailed as a hero for shutting down a cyber attack on the NHS has admitted writing malware used to steal banking details, ...
- Check if Your Asus Laptop has the Shadow Hammer Malware - groovyPost [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 28 Mar 2019 07:00:00 GMT
Check if Your Asus Laptop has the Shadow Hammer Malware groovyPost
This week hackers launched operation "Shadow Hammer" which installed backdoors on thousand's of Asus computers. Here's what you need to know if you ...
- Office Depot rigged PC malware scans to sell unneeded $300 tech support - Ars Technica [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 28 Mar 2019 07:00:00 GMT
Office Depot rigged PC malware scans to sell unneeded $300 tech support Ars Technica
Office Depot and a partner company tricked customers into buying unneeded tech support services by offering PC scans that gave fake results, according to the ...
- What the Tech? Earth Day and computers - WRCB-TV [Read Full Story ]
Fri, 19 Apr 2019 22:54:00 GMT
What the Tech? Earth Day and computers WRCB-TV
With Earth Day upon us, millions of people are thinking of recycling plastic and paper. Those are certainly important, but equally important is the need to recycle ...
- 'NamPoHyu Virus' Ransomware Targets Remote Samba Servers - BleepingComputer [Read Full Story ]
Tue, 16 Apr 2019 22:49:08 GMT
'NamPoHyu Virus' Ransomware Targets Remote Samba Servers BleepingComputer
A new ransomware family called NamPoHyu Virus or MegaLocker Virus is targeting victims a bit differently than other ransomware. Instead of an executable ...
- The Latest Pro-PewDiePie Hackers Locked Users Files Until They Subscribed - Tubefilter [Read Full Story ]
Fri, 22 Mar 2019 07:00:00 GMT
The Latest Pro-PewDiePie Hackers Locked Users Files Until They Subscribed Tubefilter
In his fight to remain the most-subscribed creator on YouTube, PewDiePie has gotten major support from hackers. One group hacked printers and smart TVs to.
- 'Asian female' with malware arrested at Trump's Mar-a-Lago - BBC News [Read Full Story ]
Wed, 03 Apr 2019 07:00:00 GMT
'Asian female' with malware arrested at Trump's Mar-a-Lago BBC News
A woman carrying two Chinese passports and a device with computer malware allegedly lied to enter US President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago club.
- Howard Co. government, courts hampered after malware attack - Kokomo Tribune [Read Full Story ]
Wed, 17 Apr 2019 19:09:00 GMT
Howard Co. government, courts hampered after malware attack Kokomo Tribune
The Howard County government is juggling the effects this week of a malware attack that has left employees without Wi-Fi after a virus targeting personal ...
- Meet 'misinfosec': Fighting fake news like it's malware - The Parallax [Read Full Story ]
Wed, 17 Apr 2019 19:24:19 GMT
Meet 'misinfosec': Fighting fake news like it's malware The Parallax
Could stopping disinformation online be the same as stopping malware? One researcher says it is, and wants others to help create a "misinfosec" community.
- The Various Security Threats You Need to Know About - The Future of Things [Read Full Story ]
Fri, 19 Apr 2019 15:30:33 GMT
The Various Security Threats You Need to Know About The Future of Things
It is a wide open country where lawlessness can abound. Pretty much anything goes on the internet and it is still so unregulated that criminal behavior is all but ...
- FTC accuses Office Depot of defrauding customers with phony virus scan - Komando [Read Full Story ]
Fri, 29 Mar 2019 07:00:00 GMT
FTC accuses Office Depot of defrauding customers with phony virus scan Komando
You might think tech support scams are all based online by fraudsters. This recent FTC complaint towards Office Depot accuses the chain of ripping off custom
- Chrome Saying It's Managed by Your Organization May Indicate Malware - BleepingComputer [Read Full Story ]
All news content and images are the property of their respective owners.
Wed, 10 Apr 2019 07:00:00 GMT
Chrome Saying It's Managed by Your Organization May Indicate Malware BleepingComputer
Recently users have noticed that Google Chrome has started stating that it is "Managed by your organization" when they open the browser's menu, which is a ...
News Source: Google News - Computer Virus Warning OR Malware
|OTHER NEWS COVERAGE
- Human Rights
Comprehensive news and analysis from human rights perspective
- Women's Rights
Keep you informed of the latest fights against the dehumanisation and marginalisation of women
- International Law
Stay abreast of the latest legal news around the world
- Online Legal Issues
Explore the key cyber law issues, disputes, and legal issues of ebusiness
- IP & Patents
Get the latest patent news, trademark headlines, and intellectual property stories
- Insurance Industry
Keep you informed of the latest developments that affect this industry
- Banking Industry
Stay abreast of the latest changes in the banking industry
- Forex Markets & Bitcoins
Get updated with the most recent foreign exchange and bitcoins news
See which companies are planning an Initial Public Offering
- Mergers & Acquisitions
News on corporate finance strategy and dealing with the merging and acquiring of other companies