- Social service centre director charged with molest [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 19:45:40 +08:00
MELAKA: A former director of a social service centre linked to a political party claimed trail at the Ayer Keroh magistrate's court here on Thursday (Aug 16) for allegedly outraging the modesty of a 24-year-old woman here three years ago.
- Dr M wants to strengthen ties with China further [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 19:33:50 +08:00
PUTRAJAYA (Xinhua): Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad said Thursday (Aug 16) that he will strengthen bilateral relations with China in his upcoming visit there, citing historical bonds between the two countries and close cooperation during his previous 22-year stint in office.
- Tony Pua: Tax on soft drinks one of many options to raise govt revenues [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 18:42:05 +08:00
KUALA LUMPUR: The idea to start a "soda tax" on soft drinks to increase government revenues and encourage healthy living is just a personal proposal, said Damansara MP Tony Pua.
- Syariah Court's judgement against lesbian couple is final [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 18:32:38 +08:00
KUALA TERENGGANU: The Syariah High Courts decision to fine and cane two women who pleaded guilty to having same-sex relations in a car here is final, and no one should interfere in the matter, says a Terengganu executive councillor.
- Fahmi: I am not vacating Lembah Pantai [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 18:31:15 +08:00
KUALA LUMPUR: Lembah Pantai MP Fahmi Fadzil has denied speculation he will contest in the Seri Setia by-election.
- Hannah Yeoh: Sexual harassment probe of KL hospital doctor to wrap up next week [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 18:01:38 +08:00
KUALA LUMPUR: Investigations into the case of a senior doctor alleged to have sexually harassed female housemen in his hospital will be completed next week, says Women, Family and Community Development Deputy Minister Hannah Yeoh.
- Parliament passes bill to repeal Anti-Fake News law [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 17:43:09 +08:00
KUALA LUMPUR: The Anti-Fake News Act, which was passed about five months ago, has been repealed with a simple voice vote.
- Motorists entering Johor via causeway must use runners to top-up Touch N Go cards [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 17:40:02 +08:00
ISKANDAR PUTERI: Motorists entering Malaysia from Singapore via the Johor Causeway are no longer allowed to get down from their vehicles to top-up their Touch N Go cards.
- Perhilitan ranger goes missing while gathering data on tigers [Read Full Story ]
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 17:37:19 +08:00
KUANTAN: A Department of Wildlife and National Parks (Perhilitan) ranger is has not been seen since going into the jungle to collect data on tigers in Taman Negara, Jerantut, last Saturday.
- Fahmi Fadzil may contest Seri Setia, vacating Lembah Pantai for Anwar [Read Full Story ]
All news content and images are the property of their respective owners.
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 17:09:18 +08:00
KLANG: PKR sources say Fahmi Fadzil, the Lembah Pantai MP, will probably be named the PKR candidate to contest the Seri Setia by-election.
News Source: The Star
|OTHER NEWS COVERAGE
- Human Rights
Comprehensive news and analysis from human rights perspective
- Women's Rights
Keep you informed of the latest fights against the dehumanisation and marginalisation of women
- International Law
Stay abreast of the latest legal news around the world
- Online Legal Issues
Explore the key cyber law issues, disputes, and legal issues of ebusiness
- IP & Patents
Get the latest patent news, trademark headlines, and intellectual property stories
- Insurance Industry
Keep you informed of the latest developments that affect this industry
- Banking Industry
Stay abreast of the latest changes in the banking industry
- Forex Markets & Bitcoins
Get updated with the most recent foreign exchange and bitcoins news
See which companies are planning an Initial Public Offering
- Mergers & Acquisitions
News on corporate finance strategy and dealing with the merging and acquiring of other companies