EMPLOYEES OF THE CORPORATION
24 Chief Executive Officer
(1) The Prime Minister shall appoint a Chief Executive Officer who, in the opinion of the Prime Minister, has experience and shown capacity and professionalism in matters relating to housing and community development, finance, construction, engineering, business or administration, or is otherwise suitable for appointment because of his special knowledge, experience or suitable qualification, on such terms and conditions, and who shall be paid such remuneration and allowances, as he thinks desirable.
(2) The Chief Executive Officer shall be responsible for the overall administration and management of the functions and the day-to-day affairs of the Corporation.
(3) The Chief Executive Officer shall have general control of the employees of the Corporation.
(4) The Chief Executive Officer shall perform such other duties as the Corporation may, from time to time, direct.
(5) In discharging his duties, the Chief Executive Officer shall act under the general authority and direction of the Corporation.
(6) The Chief Executive Officer shall be an employee of the Corporation.
25 Temporary exercise of functions of Chief Executive Officer
The Prime Minister may appoint any employee of the Corporation to act as the Chief Executive Officer during any period when-
(a) the office of the Chief Executive Officer is vacant;
(b) the Chief Executive Officer is absent from duty or from Malaysia; or
(c) the Chief Executive Officer is, for any other reason, unable to perform the duties of his office.
26 Appointment of employees of the Corporation
The Corporation may, from time to time, appoint and employ such number of employees as the Corporation thinks necessary.
27 Conditions of service, conduct and discipline
(1) The Corporation may, with the approval of the Minister, determine the conditions of service of its employees.
(2) The Corporation shall have disciplinary authority over all its employees and shall exercise disciplinary control over the employees.
(3) The Corporation may prescribe such rules to provide for the conduct and discipline of its employees.
(4) The rules prescribed under this section may include-
(a) provisions for the establishment of appropriate disciplinary committee and the procedures to be complied with;
(b) provisions for the establishment of a disciplinary appeal committee to hear appeals from the decision of a disciplinary committee and the procedures to be complied with; and
(c) provisions for-
(i) the interdiction with reduction in salary or other remuneration; or
(ii) the suspension without salary or other remuneration, of an employee of the Corporation during the pendency of the disciplinary proceedings.
(5) The rules prescribed under this section may create such disciplinary offences and provide for such disciplinary punishments as the Corporation may deem appropriate, and the punishments so provided may extend to dismissal and reduction in rank.
(6) The rules prescribed under this section shall, in prescribing the procedure for disciplinary proceedings, provide for an opportunity for representations to be made by the employee of the Corporation against whom the disciplinary proceedings are taken before a decision is arrived at by the disciplinary committee on such disciplinary charge laid against such person.
28 Financial assistance to employees and other persons
The Corporation may provide-
(a) payment of retirement benefits, gratuities and other allowances as the Corporation may determine to the employees of the Corporation;
(b) subsidies, grants, financing or credit facilities for housing or vehicle purposes, and other compassionate financing or loans, to the employees of the Corporation;
(c) subsidies, grants, financing or credit facilities for medical purposes to the employees of the Corporation, and their dependents;
(d) financing or credit facilities for educational purposes or scholarships to the employees of the Corporation, and their dependents; and
(e) donations to any person,
on such terms and conditions as the Corporation may determine.
29 Corporation may adopt regulations, etc.
The Corporation may, with the approval of the Minister, adopt with such modifications as it deems fit any regulations, rules, policies, circulars or directives enacted or issued by the Federal Government in relation to any matter under this Part.