STAFF OF THE COMMISSION
16 Appointment of Secretary and the staff
(1) The Commission shall appoint a Secretary to the Commission.
(2) The Commission may appoint such other officers and servants as may be necessary to assist the Commission in the discharge of its functions under this Act.
17 Delegation of powers
The Commission may delegate to any officer referred to in subsection 16(2) any of its powers, and the officer to whom such powers are delegated may exercise those powers subject to the direction of the Commission.
18 Protection of members, officers and servants of the Commission
(1) No action, suit, prosecution or proceeding shall be instituted in any court against the Commission or against any member, officer or servant of the Commission in respect of any act, neglect or default done or committed by him in such capacity provided that he at the time had carried out his functions in good faith.
(2) Any member, officer or servant of the Commission shall not be required to produce in any court, any document received by, or to disclose to any court, any matter or thing coming to the notice of, the Commission in the course of any inquiry conducted by the Commission under this Act.
(3) No action or proceeding, civil or criminal shall be instituted in any court against any member of the Commission in respect of any report made by the Commission under this Act or against any other person in respect of the publication by such person of a substantially true account of such report.
(4) Chapters IX and X of the Penal Code [Act 574] shall apply to members, officers and servants of the Commission as if references to "public servant" had been replaced with "member, officer or servant of the Commission".