(1) Any person who drives a foreign motor vehicle into Malaysia through any route, landing place, check point, or point of entry, other than an authorized point of entry, shall apply to the Director General for a foreign motor vehicle entry permit in such manner as the Director General may determine.
(2) Any person who drives a foreign motor vehicle through an authorized point of entry shall produce, upon demand by any road transport officer, any registration certificate, licence, permit or any other similar document issued in respect of such motor vehicle by the proper authority in the country in which it is registered.
(3) If the road transport officer is satisfied that the person who drives a foreign motor vehicle is only making a temporary stay in Malaysia, the officer may, upon payment by the driver of the foreign motor vehicle of a fee as the Director General may determine, grant a foreign motor vehicle entry permit in respect of that vehicle for such period as the Director General may determine.
(4) Upon issuing the foreign motor vehicle entry permit, the road traffic officer shall cause to be recorded-
(a) the driver's particulars such as name and driving licence number;
(b) the registration number of the foreign motor vehicle;
(c) the type of the foreign motor vehicle;
(d) the date, time and place of arrival of the foreign motor vehicle;
(e) the period of validity and other conditions of the foreign motor vehicle entry permit; and
(f) such other information as the Director General may determine.
(5) The Director shall keep and maintain records of motor vehicles and drivers in respect of which vehicle entry permits have been issued in such form as the Director General may direct.
(6) The Director General or a road transport officer may refuse to grant a foreign motor vehicle entry permit or cancel a foreign motor vehicle entry permit already granted if-
(a) a foreign motor vehicle contravenes or fails to comply with any provision of this Act or rules made under this Act; or
(b) the Director General or the road transport officer has reason to believe that the foreign motor vehicle to which the application or permit relates has been or is intended to be used for any unlawful purpose.
(7) Any person who drives a foreign motor vehicle without an entry permit issued under this section shall be guilty of an offence.
The Minister may, by order published in the Gazette, exempt any motor vehicle or types or classes of motor vehicles from any of the provisions of section 66H, subject to such conditions as he deems fit.
The Director General or any road transport officer may prohibit the entry or exit from Malaysia of any foreign motor vehicle where in respect of that vehicle there is any outstanding matter relating to any contravention of or offence against this Act, the Commercial Vehicles Licensing Board Act 1987 or the Land Public Transport Act 2010.