1 Short title, application and commencement cite [+]
(1) This Act may be cited as the Malaysian Standard Time Act 1981 and shall apply throughout Malaysia.
(2) This Act shall come into force on 1 January 1982.
(3) For the purpose of this Act, 1 January 1982 shall commence eight hours in advance of four o'clock in the afternoon Greenwich mean time on 31 December 1981.
2 Malaysian standard time cite [+]
(1) The time for general purposes throughout Malaysia (to be known as Malaysian standard time) shall be eight hours in advance of Greenwich mean time throughout the year; and any reference to a specified point of time in any written law or any document whatsoever (whether made before or after the coming into force of this Act) shall be construed accordingly unless it is otherwise expressly provided.
(2) The Yang di-Pertuan Agong may from time to time by notification in the Gazette prescribe such other period in advance of Greenwich mean time to be Malaysian standard time.
The provisions of the laws specified in the Schedule are repealed.