ESTABLISHMENT AND OPERATION OF AERODROMES
5 Establishment of aerodromes by the Minister cite [+]
(1) The Minister may establish and maintain aerodromes, and provide and maintain in connection with it, roads, approaches, apparatus, equipment and buildings and other accommodation.
(2) The Minister may for the purpose of exercising the powers conferred by subsection (1) acquire land by agreement or in accordance with the appropriate law in force in the relevant part of Malaysia relating to the acquisition of land for public purposes.
(3) The purposes for which the Minister may acquire land under this section include the purpose of securing that the land adjacent to the site of an aerodrome which the Minister has established, or is about to establish, shall not be used in such manner as to cause interference with, or danger or damage to, aircraft at, or approaching or leaving, the aerodrome.
5A Establishment, maintenance and operation of aerodrome cite [+]
(1) The Minister may-
(a) authorize any person to establish an aerodrome in Malaysia for the take-off and landing of any aircraft engaged in the carriage of passengers, mail or cargo for hire or reward; and
(b) authorize any person to establish, and license any person to maintain or operate, an aerodrome in Malaysia for the take-off and landing of any aircraft engaged in the carriage of passengers, mail or cargo not for hire or reward.
(2) For the purpose of subsection (1), the Minister may impose such terms and conditions as he thinks fit.
(3) Any person who establishes an aerodrome without an authorization or maintains or operates an aerodrome without a licence under subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding one million ringgit or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or to both.
(4) Any person who fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions imposed under subsection (2) shall be guilty of an offence and shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding five hundred thousand ringgit or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or to both.
6 Trespassing at licensed and Government aerodromes cite [+]
(1) Any person who trespasses on any land forming part of an aerodrome, shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding ten thousand ringgit:
Provided that no person shall be liable to conviction under this section unless it is proved that, at the material time, notices warning trespassers of their liability under this section were posted, so as to be readily seen and read by members of the public, in such positions on or near the boundary of the aerodrome as appear to the court to be proper.
(2) Any person being the owner or for the time being having charge of a domestic animal which trespasses on land forming part of an aerodrome shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding ten thousand ringgit.
(3) Any animal found on land forming part of an aerodrome may be destroyed by the proprietor of the aerodrome or by a person authorized by him:
Provided that if any such animal is for the time being in the charge of a person, such animal shall not be destroyed unless such person, upon being requested so to do, fails to remove the animal within a time which is in the circumstances reasonable.
(4) (Deleted by Act A803).