72 Travel documents required cite [+]
(1) Subject to any exemption granted under section 55 every person entering Peninsular Malaysia or an East Malaysian State from a place in Malaysia outside Peninsular Malaysia or outside that State, as the case may be, shall produce to the immigration officer either an internal travel document issued under section 73 or the like passport, or other travel document, having the like visa (if any), as would be required by the law for the time being in force with respect to passports if he were entering from a place outside Malaysia.
(2) A person shall be guilty of an offence against this Act if he enters Peninsular Malaysia or an East Malaysian State contrary to subsection (1), or attempts to do so, or abets any person to do so.
73 Provision for internal travel documents cite [+]
(1) The Minister shall make arrangements for the issue to citizens in such circumstances and on such conditions as may be prescribed, of special travel documents for travel within Malaysia; and any such document shall be known as an internal travel document, and shall not be deemed to be a passport within the meaning of any law relating to passports.
74 Continuation of State subsidiary legislation cite [+]
(1) The repeal of the Sabah Immigration Ordinance 1962, and the Sarawak Immigration Ordinance by section 60 shall not affect the operation of any subsidiary legislation then having effect under those laws; but any such subsidiary legislation shall continue to have the like effect, as nearly as may be, for any corresponding purpose of this Act, until it is superseded by any regulations or order made under this Act.
(2) No such subsidiary legislation shall be so superseded in whole or in part without the concurrence of the Chief Minister of the State.