How is paper recycled?
- Old newspapers and outdated magazines are collected from all over the country and are brought to the mill.
- The recovered paper is sent to a pulping process, where it is mixed with water and chemicals to aid in re-slushing, before being cleaned to remove large contaminants. The pulp is then de-inked before further cleaning, screening and brightening.
- Water is then added to the pulp. This mixture is then pumped into the wet end of the papermaking machine. The paper is then smoothed by soft calendaring before being wound up into large jumbo rolls.
- The jumbo rolls are then cut into various roll widths, depending on customer requirements.
- Malaysia Ministry of Housing and Local Government
Back to the top
Related Knowledge Base Issues