How is plastic recycled?
- Plastic containers are collected from the bins and other places and are brought to the recycling plant.
- They would then be separated according to the above categories.
- Recycling plastic is a pretty simple process. First, they will be grounded into small flakes of about 1cm in size. They are then washed to remove any dirt or residue. The clean flakes are then dried in a stream of hot air.
- The flakes are then boxed and sold off in that form or are made into new materials.
The Plastic Recycling Chart
- Malaysia Ministry of Housing and Local Government
Back to the top
Related Knowledge Base Issues