Tips to Guide You to Quit Smoking
Here are tips to guide you to quit smoking:
- Chew on gum or fruits but avoid anything sweet.
- Wash your hands. Wet hands will deter you from picking up a cigarette.
- Shower more frequently.
- Pray for God to strengthen your determination and effort.
- Turn your attention to exercise.
- Get support from your family and friends.
Here are more tips to guide you to quit smoking:
- Delay lighting up for five (5) minutes or longer.
- Drink lots of water. Avoid coffee and tea.
- Keep busy to distract yourself from smoking.
- Avoid situations or areas that smokers frequent.
- Pick a quit day and work towards it.
- Get help at your nearest Perkhidmatan Berhenti Merokok .
80% of neck cancer victims are smokers. 90% of lung cancer victims are smokers.
Quit now! Smoking doesn't pay.
- ^ Since January 2007, the Ministry of Health Malaysia has provided a hotline service to aid smokers in giving up their habit. This hotline is known as Infoline Berhenti Merokok at 03-88834400. It operates daily during working hours. Infoline Berhenti Merokok is hosted by the Health Education Division of the Ministry of Health Malaysia. Services provided: Advice on quit smoking; Tips to quit smoking; and Quit Smoking Clinic. Operating Hours: 8.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m. Mondays to Fridays (working days only).
- Ministry of Health Malaysia, Health Education Division, Siri Tak Nak Merokok Health Campaign Brochure
Back to the top
Related Knowledge Base Issues