The Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia (MyIPO) 1 is responsible for all matters relating to intellectual property in Malaysia.
The functions of the MyIPO are as follows :
- Provides facilities for filing of trade mark, patent and utility innovation applications
- Handles all the administrative matters relating the processing of new trade mark, patent, utility innovation applications and trade mark post-registration applications.
- Conduct search and examination on trade mark, patent and utility innovation applications.
- Providers facilities for public search on matters related to trade marks and patents.
- Reviews and updates existing Copyright Act and formulates new Acts in compliance with international norms and practices.
- Provides facilities for filing industrial design applications.
- Handles administrative details associated with the processing of industrial design application (in the near future).
- Handles queries on intellectual property.
- The official website of Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia (MyIPO)
Back to the top