How do I renew my passport online?
What is MyOnline Passport?
MyOnline Passport is an online facility provided by the Immigration Department of Malaysia allowing you to renew your Malaysian passport through the internet. This facility was launched on September 1, 2016.
MyOnline Passport is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and accessible using mobile devices and desktop or laptop computers.
Currently, there are only 6 Immigration offices in Malaysia which you can choose to pick up your passport:
- UTC Kuala Lumpur
- UTC Johor
Modes of payment
You can pay your Malaysia passport fee
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Direct debit (Financial Process Exchange FPX)
Online application requirements
||Failure to comply with the following requirements will result in delay when you pick up your passport.
- You must be at least 13 years old.
||If you are 13 years old and over but under 18 years old, your parent or legal guardian who has given prior consent during previous application must submit the online renewal application. You and your parent or legal guardian must appear in person to collect the passport.
- You must have an ePassport with an electronic chip and the passport must be issued after 2013.
- Your passport must be in good condition, not damaged in any way - for example, missing or torn pages, faulty chip, chemical or liquid spillage on any page.
- You must provide complete, accurate and truthful information during application.
- You will be required to upload your recent passport photo . If you do not have a soft copy of your photo, you'll need to scan your photo.
- You will be required to print out your receipt which will be generated upon completion of the online renewal process. You are recommended to use a laser printer.
How long it takes?
Collection date and time will be determined by the system according to the date and time of application. It will be stated on the receipt.
If your application process is completed before 3pm during official working day, you can collect your passport within two (2) hours, before 5.30pm the same day.
If your application process is completed after 3pm, you can collect your passport the next working day after 10am.
You must appear in person to pick up your passport.
Bring along your:
- identity card (MyKad)
- existing passport
How do I get started?
To renew your Malaysian passport online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- The default language is Malay. If you want English to be your primary language, click on the Union Jack icon near the top right.
- Next, scroll the middle of the page and click on Online Application (Malay: Permohonan Dalam Talian).
- Then, click on Renewal Passport Application (MyOnline Passport) (Malay: Permohonan Pembaharuan Pasport)
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete the application process.
MyOnline Passport: Online Malaysian Passport Renewal
If you receive the message, "Sila Rujuk Pejabat Imigresen" or "Please Refer to the Immigration Office", your online application can't be completed due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Your fingerprint record is not available or no longer legible. New fingerprints need to be recorded to avoid difficulties obtaining clearance at immigration gates when you travel.
- You did not fulfill the requirements to renew your passport online.
- You submitted incorrect or conflicting information.
Back to the top
|Knowledge Base ID
||September 8, 2016
Related Knowledge Base Issues