What factors does the court take into consideration when making an order for maintenance for a child?
Factors which the court will take into consideration when making an order for maintenance for any child:
- the financial needs of the child;
- the income, earning capacity, property and other financial resources of the parent;
- the standard of living enjoyed by the family before the breakdown of the marriage;
- any physical or mental disability of the child;
- the manner in which he/she was being educated and trained;
- the manner in which the parties to the marriage expected him/her to be trained; and
- all the circumstances of the case.
Back to the top
Related Knowledge Base Issues