What is the liability of a man to maintain his children?

A man can be ordered by the court to pay maintenance for his children:

  1. if he has refused or neglected to provide for the children;

  2. if he has deserted his wife and the children are in her charge;

  3. at any stage of any matrimonial proceedings;

  4. when an order for custody of the children is given to another person or after the order is made.

Back to the top

Share this page

Knowledge Base ID :   1070
Last Reviewed :   November 17, 2016
Tags :  

Related Knowledge Base Issues