Is there a need to apply for custody of the child in the event of separation or divorce?

Under the situation, the husband and wife must decide on who to have custody of the child.

If both parties are mutually agreeable in this decision, no formal application is necessary.

However, if one party decides to contest the others right to keep the child, the wife must make a formal application to court to retain custody of the child.

Back to the top

Share this page

Knowledge Base ID :   1066
Last Reviewed :   November 17, 2016

Related Knowledge Base Issues