Who has the right of custody over children of the marriage?

The Court may at any time place a child of the marriage in the custody of one of the following persons:

  1. either of the child's parents; or

  2. where there are exceptional circumstances making it undesirable that the child be entrusted to either parent:
    • any relative of the child;

    • any organization association the objects of which include child welfare; or

    • any other suitable person.
Sad and Lonely Little Boy

Back to the top

Sponsored Links

Share this page

Knowledge Base ID :   1064
Last Reviewed :   November 17, 2016
Tags :  

Related Knowledge Base Issues