Wealth Management: What are the aspects of wealth management?
Currently, many businesses practise some forms of wealth management through insurance and investment.
A comprehensive wealth management plan should generally include ways to maintain, grow and distribute assets which would involve the following:
- Debt / cashflow planning to enable efficient and optimum use of credit for the business
- Investment planning and management to maintain wealth and ensure adequate returns
- Insurance planning for business protection (e.g. fire, theft, marine or key-man insurance) and personal protection (death, disability, critical illnesses and household)
- Tax planning to minimise unnecessary cash outflows and ensure efficient cashflow management
- Retirement and welfare planning for employees to ensure retention of key staff for business continuity
- Retirement and succession planning to ensure that the business can continue to operate smoothly when the business owner leaves the business
- Estate planning to ensure efficient wealth transfer to successors / beneficiaries
Reprinted with permission from BankingInfo (A Consumer Education Programme by Bank Negara Malaysia)
Back to the top
Related Knowledge Base Issues