What are the requirements for credit card application?
You can apply for a credit card from institutions issuing credit cards, as long as you are
- 21 years old or above;
- earn an income of at least a minimum of RM18,000 per year; and
- comply with any other requirements set by the credit card issuer.
To support your application, you may be required to submit the following:
- A photocopy of your Identity Card (IC)
- Job appointment letter
- Latest income tax statement (Form J)
- Bank statements
- Previous months pay slips
If you are self-employed, you may be required to submit your business registration details and other documentary proof of income, and be subject to other requirements such as placement of a fixed deposit.
Reprinted with permission from BankingInfo (A Consumer Education Programme)
Back to the top
Related Knowledge Base Issues