What should I do if a cheque which I have deposited has been returned to me by my bank stamped "refer to drawer"?

"Refer to drawer" means that clarifications have to be sought from the person who issued the cheque.

The reasons may vary from case to case, such as insufficient funds in the drawer's account.

In such cases, you will have to liaise with the drawer 1 as to the next course of action.

  1. Drawer - The person who issues the cheque.

Reprinted with permission from BankingInfo (A Consumer Education Programme by Bank Negara Malaysia)

Back to the top

Sponsored Links

Share this page

Knowledge Base ID :   1398
Last Reviewed :   April 30, 2014
Source :   BankingInfo
Tags :  

Related Knowledge Base Issues