Parenting from the heart is a sacred and rewarding journey. You can establish a higher level of connection with your children through the celebration and exploration of your heart relationship. When our own spirit recognizes the internal glow of our children, we can utilize this bond for living a life of peace, love, and balance. These nine elements are meant to be the philosophical starting point for you to see all life with greater significance and begin to parent from the heart.
* Honor: Living a life of honor is to demonstrate truth, honesty, and integrity in your actions and beliefs. We often relate to the concept of honor when making a pledge to our country or taking a matrimonial vow, but do we consider honoring our soul's path each and every day? Allow your choices and behavior to reflect the best parts of you and also take responsibility when your actions affect another. When living with great respect of every soul, you begin to see the world as an amazing opportunity to share love. Recognizing and honoring the light within others allows a closeness and reverence beyond typical experience and vastly benefits our families.
* Empathy: The ability to feel, sense, or relate to the experiences of another. Knowing what it is like to walk in their shoes or wear their hat, so to speak. Having understanding and compassion for the actions and behaviors of those we encounter infuses us with a deep sense of connectedness. We demonstrate a higher awareness when we leave harsh judgments behind and opt instead to empathize with others. Our children are better served when we can lovingly connect with their energy signature and try to see from their unique perspective. Allow your heart to lead the way to a life of sweet understanding.
* Altruism: The concept of altruism is living a life in benefit of the interests of others--being of service to society and the world without gain to the self. This is a foundation belief in a myriad of religions, such as Christianity, Buddhism, and Judaism. Think of altruism as being nice and kind to those around you without regard to a payoff for yourself. It is not being a servant to someone or under the influence of another's control. Demonstrating this behavior to our children is the best way to nurture their internal sense of benevolence and generosity.
* Resonance: Our energetic connection to someone or something, when we are in harmony with another, tuned in to and affected by the same frequency, vibration, or wavelength. Respecting and nurturing our energetic connections is the next transcendental step in parenting. Being mindful of your own energy signature and sensitive to your child's empowers a family to live a vibrant life in brilliant intuitive harmony. Imagine what your family will be able to do when you foster resonance in your home. There is no limit to what can be, as love knows no bounds.
* Trust: When we speak of trust, we are referring to reliance on a belief. Having faith and conviction in someone or something. When living a heart-centered life, you need to rely not only on yourself, but also in the amazing possibilities inherent in the Universe. We are stepping away from boundaries and allowing God's grace to take a higher role in our lives. Know with certainty that whatever is occurring in your world from moment to moment is by Divine design. Trust your children and they will trust you.
* Gratitude: The emotion and energy we exude when in deep appreciation of the circumstances in our world. Long embraced as an essential virtue in philosophy and countless religions, thankfulness leads to a life of peace, health, and prosperity. Being grateful for the diverse experiences of living directly correlates to success in achievement, well-being, and social bonding. Regardless of your family's challenges or blessings, instilling a sense of gratitude for the miracle of life itself raises your energetic vibration, fostering resonance in your hearts. Be grateful for what is and experience the wonder of Heaven on Earth.
* Love: The Divine Spirit is the manifestation and source of all love in the Universe, magnificently expressing itself in the smile of a child, a butterfly on the breeze, and the majesty of a mountain range. We each are creative expressions of love. Demonstrating, supporting, and celebrating love is the meaning and purpose of all life. It is a choice to allow our loving light to shine through our actions, intentions, and relationships. Do we choose to exude grace and to live a life of love? Allow the amazing creative force of love to transform your world from a fearful struggle to a heart-glowing, peaceful existence.
* Opportunity: Our chance to make use of the circumstances in our life. We often relate to this concept only in positive experiences, such as an offer of employment or being selected to receive a scholarship. It is, however, so much more. Our everyday conditions and occurrences, even situations we deem as negative, are opportunities for growth and enlightenment. We choose whether or not to take advantage of what comes before us, the old saying of making lemonade from sour lemons. The freedom and opportunity to expand our perceptions and live a new life of heart-based parenting is ours, if we choose to seize the day.
* Wellness: Making a commitment to wellness is crucial when integrating intuitive parenting techniques. We must have a healthy respect of our bodies, minds, and spirits, knowing our entire being is an instrument. Even if we live with chronic illness or disability, we are perfect and exactly as Spirit intended. You can embrace well-being by demonstrating proper care. Be mindful of what you eat, how you move, and the amount of rest you get. Take time to process your emotions and release any negativity trapped in your body. The beautiful temple of you will appreciate your devoted gesture. Loving care for your child is enhanced when you also nurture yourself.
We must realize the way we live our lives greatly affects everything around us, including our children. Comprehending our choices, behaviors, thoughts, emotions, actions, and habits all interweave to create our existence, our individual mosaic or tapestry. Our family life is only as healthy as the time, love, and intention we put toward it. You will reap the fantastic rewards of a heart connection with your child if you apply these concepts with dedication into your daily living. The choice to parent with your heart is yours.