Built a new website? No boost in your Business? It's not the time to relax. If you just built a website then nobody will visit your site unless you ask them to come. Now that's where website promotion comes in. This is one thing which will help you make your website popular and reach the people and to everyone whom you want to come and pay a visit.
New site owners often are not aware that they need to promote their website as well or they just promote their site on some common search engines like Amazon, MSN, Google etc. They should also keep in mind to get there site listed in their local search engines also (whether small or big). As promoting your website locally plays a vital role.
Some people make websites to showcase their products, inform people around about their business, and direct potential customers find their business. These website owners should adapt some strategic way of promoting their sites, as their main goal is to attract customers from their own locality or from nearby towns and cities.
If you don't keep track of how much money you're making, you have no idea whether your business is successful or not. You can't tell how well your marketing is working. You need to know what your net profit is. If you don't, there's no way you can know how to increase it.
Points to promote your site locally are:
1. Press Releases and Local Newspapers:
You can always run a formal press release about your business. Find places on the internet that will publish press releases free, you will find a lot of them. These releases are often run by local papers also. This can be a good way to promote your business on your website. Take the help of the local newspapers. Write a small article about your business details and submit it to the local newspaper.
2. Business Cards, Bill Books Etc.: Print your business cards, bill books and other handouts with your website URL on it.
3. Niche Marketing: Always include local cities and tags in your keywords and tags. Suppose someone searches for "Used cars," there will be thousands of results, but when they narrow it down to "Used cars Your Town'", and then your site can be on the top on that listing.
4. Email Signatures: You can add a signature to the bottom of every mail you send, include your website URL in that. This will allow you to spread a bit of awareness about your business and some details of your company. Most Email ID providing sites allow you to add a signature in every mail you send.
5. Show your Creativity: Find different and innovative ways to display your website name so that more people come to know about that. The more the people see your website URL the more likely they will remember it when they need your product. Google has a yellow page directory based on phone number listings; you can link your website URL to that as well. You can also put your website URL along with your name in other directories such as yellow pages.