Every business has its own products to sell or services to offer. And since internet marketing will help business owners make money online in a modest way, this could be the reason why most of them, whether small scale or large scale business owners, adopted the internet marketing hype. However, just like any other business plans, online marketing has its own share of advantages and disadvantages. Let's examine how it can be both beneficial and a risk to your business at the same time.
Advantages of Internet Marketing
1. It does not require too much capital to get started. You can easily start building one with less than a thousand bucks.
2. IM provides you flexibility. Since most of the transactions are done online, you get to work at your own pace and at your own chosen time.
3. Your business is open 24 hours a day every day. This means you will still make money online while you are sleeping at the comfort of your own bed.
4. Your customers are not limited to just only in your neighborhood or a neighboring town, it is worldwide and they can shop anytime they please.
5. Experimenting and testing products or services costs less
6. You will have the ability to make affiliate programs and recruit affiliates
Disadvantages of Internet Marketing
1. Internet marketing requires a great deal of effort and hard work.
2. The net is ever changing. What is in demand and hot now may not be the same few months from now so you need to be constantly on the lookout for anything new for your business to survive.
3. A wide array of product competition is out there in the World Wide Web. Remember that you are not the only person who offers the service or sell the product. There are many online business owners who sell the same products you do.
4. Getting the right people to visit your site is as hard as finding a prospect.
5. Most online marketing sites do not have customer service/inquiry response programs. This is why most people feel deprived of knowing further information regarding certain products or services because what they need is an actual person whom they can talk to or inquire about.
6. People tend to be cautious because of the too many scams in the internet.
7. Online marketing is not a get-rich-quickly scheme as opposed to what many think it is.
Internet marketing has many other pros and cons. All you need is to overcome these advantages and recreate them into something of benefit to your online business. Know who your audience so you will be able to make money online by providing products and services that they basically need.
Again, as I said above, just like any other business plans, online marketing has its own share of advantages and disadvantages. You need to examine how it can be both beneficial and a risk to your business at the same time. Weigh these options before you start your internet marketing venture, but when you do, be patient.