Have you ever wanted to travel the world and make money for sharing your adventures with the world? Using the web and a simple blog, this couldn't be easier. There are just a few simple, yet hidden techniques for making a healthy income for blogging about your travels.
In fact, the number of underground travelers who hold no jobs, yet make cash for writing about their travels is growing by the day. We keep our mouths shut about our techniques as we visit worldwide destinations and get paid for telling the world about it. I know there have got to be great people out there who deserve to travel and want this information, so I've decided to share a few of our techniques:
1) Own Your Blog. Sites like Blogger, Myspace, and BlogSpot are no good for our purposes, because you can't tweak the site to make a profit very easily. Instead, if you buy a domain for 10 bucks and then install WordPress, you now have the platform to make it extremely profitable.
2) Utilize PPC (pay-per-click) to get started. You won't make a massive income off of this right away, but you can easily make 5-10 bucks a day in the beginning. That may not sound like a lot... but it's enough for a meal every day or a flight after a month, and the number only gets bigger as your blog grows in readership.
3) Collect names and email addresses. You want to do this so that you can bring your readers back to your blog. Very few people 'bookmark' a site any longer, but if you email your readers every time you post a new article, you will grow your readership at an exponential rate.
4) Offer an RSS (Real Simple Syndication) subscriptions. Don't let this intimidate you. Setting this up is as simple as checking a box on your blog's options. RSS is another way for your readers to keep up-to-date with your blog. Instead of you emailing them, their RSS reader of choice will automatically show them the newly posted content. The more they see your content, the better chance they'll click on an ad (and therefore, the better chance you'll get paid)
5) Sell a product that will interest your readers. Once you are up and running, you will see your readership growing as well. Now it's time to really monetize your site. This is where affiliate marketing comes in. This is simply taking a commission for any customer you send to another product (considering they buy the product). So, every now and again, make a blog post about the affiliate product you are promoting. When your readers see this, those who are interested will click on your 'affiliate link,' and if they buy, you get paid. Easy as that. Becoming an affiliate is always free, and there are thousands of products begging for active affiliates.
By the way, affiliate commissions are typically 50% to 75%. Gigantic, and very profitable.
6) Create your own product. The only problem with affiliate marketing is that the product is completely out of your control and you only take a part of the cut. Once you have a bunch of blog posts, you can bundle them together and make an 'ebook.' Sell this to your loyal readers, and you'll be surprised at how many of them will pay for the content they're getting for free anyway!
There are bloggers out there who are making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for writing about their passions. My instincts tell me you'd be happy with a few hundred or thousand dollars extra per week, so start taking action on these ideas. They're not complicated, they just require action. The best part is, once they're set up, they can all be automated and can take place without your presence!