Establishing a business presence on the Internet can be a lucrative way to advertise, market and sell, business goods and services. Before you can start you need to think of a couple of things,
1. What type of business you want to start
2. What type of money can you put aside toward this new business
3. Be prepared to go through the struggles of not making money right away.
4. If you are thinking of giving up, don't success is right around the corner
This is a great time to start a business, many people have been laid off and can't find a job so they start a business, and many great businesses have come out of hard economic times. The easiest and least expensive way to start a business is to start one on the internet; it levels the playing field for everyone. The business area that you will enter really needs your new vision, competitive spirit and bright ideas. Don't be fooled by all the hype on the Internet where you can make a million in a couple of days, a start-up business that becomes profitable is accomplished by hard work and continually pushing forward. All entrepreneurs need to have some type of plan to start a business, sometime a checklist is a good way to keep track of everything and to refer to when you start getting lost. Regardless of the type of business idea, take time to research the type of business that you want to start.
If you are working part or full time an internet business is a perfect way to start, why? The cost is low, you can spend time doing it where ever you are, the initial investment is low, easy to maintain, and if you keep going there is a high probability of success. Don't forget that when doing business online you still need to consider the following, patents; copyrighting any material you put on the net, and taxation. However, if you not selling physical products, laws covering digital rights and online advertising may still apply to you. Here are some things to get you started.
1. Register a domain
2. Create a design a website, there are many free templates out on the internet
3. Use Frontpage or Dreamweaver to design you webpage.
4. Learn about marketing on the web, this is very important.
5. Adwords: pay for traffic
6. Submit to Directories, search directories
7. Submit Articles to article sites, search on article directories
8. Add a page on facebook
9. Add a twitter profile
10. Post on blogs and forums
Doing all this does not mean that your business will take off the next day, it takes time and patience. Its not easy to do but keep going, everyday do something else to increase your business marketing. The more people you reach the more people will know about your business. Many people quit way too early. Take a day off if you feel like quitting then go back to work.