The room in the house that is most difficult to keep clean is the kitchen. It is also the place that harbors the most bacteria. To keep your kitchen clean and well-maintained you need a routine and some rules. Follow these housecleaning tips below to ensure a clean and safe kitchen.
* Visit the grocery store:
Begin the process by making a trip to the nearest grocery store to buy your cleaning supplies. Make sure you have everything you need to keep you kitchen spotless.
* General kitchen cleaning tips:
- Use a combination of disinfectant and detergent to clean the floor and surfaces as it is more efficient and effective.
- While cleaning door and refrigerator handles, microwaves, and ovens use sanitized cloths.
- Buy disposable paper towels to clean messy areas. If using reusable towels, wash them in the washing machine and dry immediately to kills all the bacteria.
- You can make the best kitchen sanitizer at home! Make small quantities of diluted chlorine bleach by mixing a tablespoon of bleach to one liter of water. Soak the kitchen surface with the solution and let it stand for some time and then rinse with cold water. Always wear gloves when dealing with bleach to protect your hands.
* Reduce cleaning time by reducing messes and spills:
- Make sure all the liquids in the refrigerator are tightly covered to avoid spills.
- While cooking, use lids to reduce splattering, reduce the chances of spills, and also to save energy.
- All the marinating food must be covered and kept in the fridge where there is less likelihood for bacteria to multiply.
- Use plastic containers instead of breakable and weak containers like bags.
* Maintain cleanliness while cooking:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before preparing food and remove rings and watches so that bacteria doesn't accumulate. If you have sensitive skin it is advisable to wear gloves.
- Cross-contamination can be prevented by using separate utensils and cutting boards for cooked and raw foods. Once finished, wash the utensils with disinfectant solution.
* Tips for cleaning kitchen equipment:
- Dishwasher: Avoid overloading the dishwasher to ensure that it cleans effectively. However, load up the dishwasher and wash full loads for increased efficiency.
- Oven: Use a dry cloth to clean the interiors and a damp cloth and disinfectant solution to clean the outside.
- Microwave: You can wash all the removable accessories in the dishwasher or with soap and warm water. Dry everything properly before putting it back in. For the inside of the microwave use a cloth dipped in warm water to clean leftover food particles. To get rid of lingering odors use baking soda dissolved in water while cleaning. Finally wipe down with dry paper towels.
-Refrigerator: You must clean your refrigerator once every month with water and soap. Avoid using sharp cleaners as they may cause scratches. If there are food spills, clean them immediately.
With a little bit of planning and preparation, you can keep your kitchen spotless at all times. Use these housecleaning tips to do so.