Sometimes visible to the naked eyes, sometimes microscopic, germs, in any part of the place we inhibit or within ourselves, are extremely dangerous. So, it is easy to imagine how threatening they can be when present in our kitchens. Today, numerous products for killing these creatures in kitchen are available in the market, which itself indicates people's awareness towards the health hazards that these germs bring with them.
1. Kitchen being the most important and supposedly cleanliest part of a house, it sure needs to be taken care of. We always clean the kitchen after we are done with the daily chores, but the counter-tops are amiss on a daily basis. As a result of not so frequent cleaning of the counter tops, the dust combined with grease tends to get heavily accumulated on them. This results in giving birth to harmful bacteria. Similarly the inside of these counters where the general groceries etc. are kept needs to be cleaned. All the dry provision can be properly kept in air tight container since moisture can give rise to germs in lentils etc.
2. If not taken care of regularly, the exhaust fan, or the area around electrical sockets can get greasy due to moisture and dust. This way every time we touch the socket or the switch, we unknowingly get the germs on it, transferred upon us. To avoid this, these places should be periodically cleaned using the chemicals suitable for this.
3. Thirdly, it is very important to wash the raw fruits and vegetables before refrigerating them or consuming them. Unwashed raw eatables are an easy source of germ infections which can be avoided just by proper washing.
4. The habit of cluttering up in the kitchen forms the fourth worst aspects of kitchen keeping. This cluttering can be in the refrigerators or in the kitchen cabinets or on the slabs. The slabs and the interiors of cabinets and refrigerators should always be cleaned using disinfectant cleaners. The place should then be wiped with a clean cloth and things be kept systematically on the assigned places. This will help prevent muddling up of things in the kitchen.
5. Fifth necessary step is to keep the damp areas free from fungi. Bleaching agent can be used to easily clean the fungi in the kitchen sinks and other moist areas.
6. After long use of the same rag or sponge for washing and cleaning of the utensils, they become unhygienic for their purpose. In this case these things should be replaced with a new one every now and then. After all these sponges are used to clean those utensils in which we have our food. So, it is quite obvious that some special measures require to be taken to avoid germ collection on it.
7. The seventh and the final effective step to avoid harmful microbes is to wash the hands properly after every kitchen job or before and after taking the meals. Our hands are the easiest hub for these minute living organisms which does not seem to be as big a trouble as they can bring. These regular preventive steps can be truly helpful in keeping away from any health problems posed by these microscopic creatures.