Fitting double glazed windows is one of the more important additions one makes during home improvement. The reason for this is the many advantages associated with the use of double glazed windows mentioned below:
1. Double glazing is used in homes mainly to help with maintaining a fixed temperature within the house. Not only does double glazing help at containing heat, it is also effective in keeping a home cool in hot weather.
2. Double glazing is a great insulator of heat; it reduces the amount of heat that is transferred in and out of the house. This is possible mainly because of the convection properties of these double glaze windows.
3. Houses with double glazing have lower gas and electricity bills when compared to traditionally glazed structures because with it, one spends less to heat or cool a house. So you can save money with double glazed windows.
4. Besides helping at maintaining temperatures, installing double glazing windows also helps at reducing noise. It is the way double glazing is manufactured, where two sheets of glass sandwich a small pocket of air that helps reduce noise pollution. This type of windows helps at maintaining a particular temperature in your home.
5. Fitting modern double glazing is very easy. The old window frame has just to be removed and replaced with the new, modern double glazing alternative. This modern double glazing can be built using wood, UPVC or wood and is made to fit almost any window size.
6. Double glazed windows are available in various styles and designs to fit the design of any house. In fact, there are also many companies that offer custom made solutions to double glaze old properties that don't have standard window sizes.
7. In addition to all these benefits, the probability of double glazed windows breaking is much lower than a single glazed one. So you needn't worry about kids breaking windows whilst playing ball outside if you have double glazed windows at home.
8. When compared to single glazed windows, these windows require less maintenance. Whilst timber framed windows have to be painted frequently to prevent rotting, double glazed windows look new for many years.
9. As double glazed windows are difficult to break, they offer more security to your house. Intruders don't find it that easy to break into houses having double glazing.
10. With double glazing in your home, you are not only more comfortable in your home, but you save money and also increase the value of your property.
Investors are attracted to houses with double glazed windows, and are ready to pay more for such houses. They know that these houses are not only safe from criminals, but also that these windows help reduce the utility and maintenance costs of the house and save them money in the long run.
It is because of all these advantages that the double glazing window market has grown in popularity amongst homemakers over the years.
Summary: Double glazing has been the most popular option for home improvement over the past years.