Burning fat and losing weight isn't just about exercising. Sure, it's extremely important to be active and work out, but there are other factors too. Factors that you probably haven't thought about but should have.
No, I'm not talking about starving yourself and cutting calories. Although it may seem as if dieting makes sense on the surface, your body just doesn't work that way. Cutting calories will make your body think it's starving, thus encouraging the body to hold onto as much fat and calories as it can. Those of you who have tried cutting down on your food intake before with less than stellar results can probably identify with that statement.
Ready for the good news? You will be surprised to know that certain foods can actually provide nutrition, delight your taste buds and encourage your body to burn more fat than it otherwise would. Who would have thought, right? You can eat foods that actually make your body want to burn fat, instead of just getting fat!
So, what are these miracle foods anyway? Here's a short list to get you started in the right direction:
1. Calcium products like cheese and yogurt. There have been more than 90 studies that suggest high calcium intake encourages your body to gravitate towards a healthy weight.
2. Fish will also help you to lose weight because of the types of fat it contains. That may sound weird; eat fat to burn fat? Yes! Fish like salmon are chock-full of Omega-3 Fatty Acids. These fats are essential to the health of your body. They make you feel full faster and and keep your stomach satisfied for longer. Try to eat oily fish about two times a week for maximum benefits.
3. Green tea may increase your metabolism and speed up the rate your liver burns fat at. It contains catechins - healthy flavonoid phytochemical compounds. About 5 cups a week coupled with exercise will help you burn fat the healthy way.
4. High fiber foods such as Cherrios (made of oats) or barley encourage the loss of belly fat.
5. Eggs are high in protein, which is important to weight loss in many ways. Protein is vital to keeping your muscles while losing weight. This is important because muscles tend to burn calories at a quicker pace than fat. Protein is also harder to break down than most other foods, so your body will use more energy (and calories) than usual.
So there you go! You now know that it's totally unnecessary to avoid eating while trying to lose weight. In fact, it will actually cause you to gain more weight - the exact opposite of your goal.
No more dieting and counting calories. No more avoiding eating out with your friends. No more going hungry when you should be eating a snack. All you have to do is try to switch your foods around a little bit and make healthier choices at the grocery store. Losing weight is easier than you thought when you have fat burning foods on your side.