Coenzyme Q10 or CoQ 10 is a fat-soluble vitamin that comes handy in treating a many disorders. It is a natural antioxidant and is present in every human cell where energy is produced. This supplement is primarily made use of to boost the immune system and energy levels and general improvement in health due its properties of an anti oxidant. But is essential to read the labels carefully and you must not consume more than the suggested amount.
Let's look at some of the benefits associate with Coenzyme Q, or CoQ10:
* Helpful in reducing blood pressure levels.
* Is a powerful antioxidant and is useful for migraine headaches.
* Have positive effects on the heart.
* This supplement can be combined with the herb hawthorn which helps to prevent high blood pressure or lower cholesterol.
Let's look at some of the factors which necessitate the need to read the label carefully:
* You must be sure to read the label cautiously in order to store the supplement properly.
* You can also check the amount of the amounts of CoQ10 stated on the labels. A quick and easy way is to log onto the website ConsumerLab.com. This website is a primary source of independent assessment of nutritional products, health and wellness.
* It was found in a research in the year 2000 and 2004 that not all CoQ10 supplements had the amounts claimed by them.
* When taken in appropriate amounts by adults, Coenzyme Q10 supplements are considered safe.
* For children CoQ 10 has been recommended under medical advice and supervision. Doses upto 10mg a day is recommended.
* Since there are some side effects associated with these supplements and these are in general mild, to ensure that you are taking the correct dosage it's necessary to read the labels.
* Blood sugar levels may get lowered with Coenzyme Q10. So patients with hypoglycemia or diabetes should be careful while using this supplement.
* Dosage adjustments are generally required for people with different health problems and hence each time you must read what is being purchased.
To ensure that the right dosage is bought you must read the label of CoQ 10 supplement. You as a consumer should be well informed about the supplement purchased. Reading the label is only in the interest of the consumer. Labels on the CoQ 10 supplements enlighten about information about the supplement. Hence you must make it a point to read it carefully. It's researched and known that consumption of dietary CoQ10 dietary supplements do not cause adverse side effects. Always consult a doctor before taking in Coenzyme Q 10 supplements. You may never know what side effect it may cause to you and hence taking precautions is always a good idea.
Let's also take a look at what could happen if we do not read the labels of CoQ 10 carefully:
* Dosage is mentioned on the label and if that is not read properly we would be unaware of the dosage which could pose a problem.
* The label also details about ways to store the supplement. If the supplement is simply bought and the instruction on the label is not read properly, then it would be stored incorrectly too.
Hence to avoid these issues you must read the label of the CoQ10 supplements carefully.