If you are a woman experiencing hair loss, do not despair; there are solutions to the problem, some of them simple and some of them more complex. There are natural solutions for hair loss, surgical procedures as well as simple solutions such as investing in a high quality wig.
Natural remedies include good nutrition and using herbal products. You may use special shampoos and scalp treatments to combat the condition, or if your hair loss is severe, you may want to consider wearing a wig or opting for surgical procedures. It is possible to have thicker natural looking hair again with the right treatment.
When you want to improve the appearance of your hair without going to the trouble of treatments or surgery, you may choose to wear a wig. You can find natural looking wigs of real or synthetic hair, and attach them securely with clips, glue or by weaving.
Modern technology and superior equipment now make it possible to achieve excellent results from hair transplant procedures. The new methods involve transplanting the hair in follicular units the way it naturally grows. Surgical microscopes aid physicians in dividing donor strips, and they transplant one to three hair units at a time from the back of the head to the site of thinning hair.
* When washing your hair, massage your head to bring nutrients to your scalp by increasing the blood circulation.
* Take Lysine, an amino acid that produces a protein called ferritin, which stores protein. Stress can be a contributing factor to hair loss, and taking Lysine lowers anxiety too.
* Take B vitamins, folate and B12, which help to make a fibrous protein called keratin, to develop healthy hair. These vitamins also aid in reducing stress, and you can get them in eggs, yogurt and salmon, or you can take a vitamin supplement if you prefer.
* Healthy hair needs plenty of protein, so eat wild fish, chicken, lamb and beef from animals that eat grass, and drink broth made from their bones to get protein and Omega 3 fats. Simmer the bones for 24 hours to receive the maximum benefit from them.
* Sea vegetables contain iodine, which promotes hair growth, along with vitamins and minerals.
* Make an herb tea of two tablespoons horsetail and two tablespoons nettles steeped for 15 minutes in a cup of boiling water to get B vitamins and minerals that promote healthy hair.
* Rub nettle seed oil or burdock root oil into your scalp every night, and wash it out the next day.
* Use chemical free shampoos and conditioners, avoid hair dryers, and brush your hair daily with a good quality hairbrush.
* Let your hair hang loose; do not braid it or use barrettes or rubber bands on it.
Check your thyroid levels, because low levels can contribute to hair loss. Powdered kelp and bladderwrack as well as other nutritional supplements help to nourish the thyroid.
Check estrogen and testosterone levels, and if necessary, take supplements and herbal tonics to restore them.
If you feel that hair loss negatively affects the quality of your life, determine the reason for your condition, and then do something about it. When you are not self-conscious about your appearance, you will enjoy life more fully.