The reason models, movie stars and celebrities have such dazzling smiles is because they have straight and shiny white teeth. But truth be told, natural dental perfection comes quite rarely. Only a select few grow up with perfectly straight teeth and fewer still manage to keep their teeth healthy, strong and straight, as they grow older.
Many things like caffeine, sugary food and even the grinding of teeth can all lead to deformed, discoloured and misaligned teeth. But thanks to science and technology, you can now have the perfect teeth you've always wanted with the help of cosmetic dentistry. Below are some of the most common dental problems and how cosmetic dentists can fix them.
1. Teeth discolouration. It's close to impossible to have perfectly white teeth, especially as we grow older. Things like coffee, tea, smoking and red wine can discolour our teeth and even put brown spots and yellow stains on the enamel of our teeth. Cosmetic dentists can use a special type of laser and a bleaching gel to make your teeth at least two to three pigments lighter.
2. Missing teeth. Some people find it really hard to smile because they are embarrassed about their missing teeth. Whilst the dentures from long ago may be cumbersome and difficult to have, new advancements in cosmetic dentistry allow you to have natural-looking and stable dental implants. Now, you don't have to worry about your "teeth" falling out whilst chewing on taffy.
3. Chipped, broken or pitted teeth. Sometimes your teeth get broken because of biting on something hard or accidentally bumping your mouth. Chips and broken teeth can be remedied by asking your cosmetic dentist to provide you with dental veneers. Veneers are made of porcelain and can be molded and shaped to match the exact size needed to complete your smile. They also look very natural.
4. Crooked teeth. Your teeth can become overcrowded whilst you're growing up, resulting in misaligned and crooked teeth. Cosmetic dentists can straighten your teeth and give you a picture-perfect smile by attaching brackets or braces onto your teeth. If you're embarrassed or shy to have braces on your teeth, then you can even opt for invisible ones. Many different invisible braces are available to help you get perfect teeth without having to be embarrassed about wearing braces.
5. Gaps between teeth. Madonna may have made it cool to have a gap between teeth but others think that this is unsightly. You can have the gaps between your teeth closed by asking a dentist to apply dental bonding. This simple procedure involves the use of resin to fill up the spaces between your teeth. The dentist should leave enough space between each tooth, though, so that you can floss properly.
There's nothing like a wide and bright smile to enhance your features and make you look younger and livelier. And now, the perfect set of teeth can be achieved via simple and affordable cosmetic dentistry procedures. Visit your nearest dentist for more information.