The process of finding a job can prove to be very difficult and also extremely time consuming. The number of people who are competing for the same job position has increased to a large extent. But at the same time, new techniques for finding jobs have also been devised. When some of these techniques are employed, it becomes possible to get rid of a lot of the competition which exists. Companies and employers will start considering your job application for positions which they have not advertised to the general public. This method of looking for jobs is completely unconventional since it is not used very often by people in order to look for jobs.
But before the technique has been understood, another important step which needs to be taken is to take one good look at your resume. Details of your educational qualification as well as past work experience should be remembered correctly. Then you need to take a decision as to what kind of job you would like to do next. You need to decide whether you would like to continue in the same line of work or would you like to set foot into a different field.
Once this important and crucial decision has been taken, then it is recommended that you start poring over the pages of your yellow pages phone directory. The usage of the yellow pages phone directory is the most unconventional and least used technique in order to find a job. The following five simple steps need to be followed in order to find a job with the help of your yellow pages phone directory:
1. All the listings for job vacancies with respect to your field of academic interest or work experience will have to be taken from the yellow pages directory.
2. The next step which needs to be taken is to get in touch with the concerned person through the contact number which has been provided in the yellow pages advertisement. This will help in verifying the authenticity of the recruiting company and it will also be possible to find out the name of the specific person who is in charge of recruitment.
3. Once all the above mentioned information has been collected, then you need to get together a good presentation which will help in marketing you in the right manner for the vacancy which has been specified.
4. The resume as well as the accompanying covering letter will have to be altered suitably for the vacancy for which the application is being submitted. Any documents which will vouch for your quality of work as well as any letters of recommendation can also be included.
5. The first ten companies which had been spotted with the help of the yellow pages phone directory should be provided with your complete and updated resume along with the accompanying documents like the covering letter, experience certificates as well as letters of recommendation. Once all the documents have been dispatched, it is advisable to wait for a few days before contacting the company once again in order to ensure that all the documents have reached them safely. It might be necessary to send them the resume more than once so that they will definitely consider your application.