Sometime a small negligence results in big losses in the corporate sector. A number of entrepreneurs over look and adopt bad habits that can eventually hurt the success of their corporate life in future. As an entrepreneur failing to maintain a follow up routine is called a bad habit. With this mistake they loose important clientele and many prospects of future. They may have missed an opportunity to have a joint venture or might have neglected a hot lead.
Many of the cards are just stacked in some corner and usually forgotten about. In the corporate sector such type of negligence is part of daily routine. Many of the entrepreneurs have lost many good opportunities when they could have made millions. By loosing important and hot leads they also lost the chance of making more profits. Therefore, it is mandatory for the entrepreneurs in the corporate sector to maintain a healthy follow up routine and dedicate some time to call, email or correspond with their prospective clients.
Following tips might become very handy for young entrepreneurs to establish a good follow up routine such as:
1. Whenever you meet a worthy hot lead immediately take notes and account some basic details. Making this routine as a habit will guarantee you to not to miss on the next prospective client or hot lead. Make this a part of your routine to establish a follow up routine. Take out one hour daily and make necessary arrangements for the follow up such as emailing them or setting up of a meeting with them.
2. Another good way for the follow up routine is to mark the hot leads with some sort of a symbol at the back of their business cards. You can add any symbol which will help you to remind the importance of that lead. You can either use a red dot for hot leads and black dot for warm leads or simply put an X or O for them.
3. As soon as you have met a good lead take an action. Jot down some necessary details on your digital diary etc. make a habit of carrying some diary etc to note down such important details.
4. Sometimes it is wise to not to waste time when you encounter a good lead. It is wiser to set up a meeting time right on the spot or venue to not to skip a good chance of meeting you future prospectus.
5. Another bad habit is to simply stack away the business cards in some drawer and forget about them. It is advisable to keep the business cards you have collected right in front of you on the desk. This will help you not to forget about important follow ups the next day.
6. Hiring an assistant to maintain your follow up routine is a good idea. Also it casts a good impression on your client. Your assistant can carry the good follow up routine to send your hot leads sales letters through emails or set time of your meetings.
7. It is necessary that after the follow up you must add the contact details and other necessary information to your database of prospective clients. The database should also include the follow up procedure with the hot lead.