Georgy Kharchenko

Location : United States
Joined : July 29, 2011
Total Articles : 35
Article Views : 92,778


5-HTP (5 Hydroxy-tryptophan) Supplements And How It Helps With Depression, Obesity, Fibromyalgia, Insomnia, Chronic Headache And Diabetes
5-HTP (5 hydroxy-tryptophan) is a naturally occurring substance in the human body that is also the rate-limiting step in the biochemical synthesis of serotonin. In this synthesis, L-tryptophan is converted to 5-HTP by the enzyme tryptophan...
Category:   Supplements and Vitamins
Bee Product Supplements
Bee products commonly used as dietary supplements are bee pollen, propolis, and royal jelly They are all included in one review because they contain many overlapping constituents and claims and are often used in formulalioris together, making...
Category:   Supplements and Vitamins
Brewer's Yeast Supplements
Brewer's yeast is not the same as the baker's yeast that makes bread rise or the yeast that causes yeast infections. It is just what it sounds like it should be the yeast used in making beer. Because of the different methods used in its culture...
Category:   Supplements and Vitamins
Calcium Supplements
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body. The average adult skeleton contains about 2-3 Ib of calcium, with 99% found in the bones and teeth. The remaining 1% of body calcium is found in the blood and within cells, where calcium...
Category:   Supplements and Vitamins
Choline Dietary Supplements To Help Prevent Cancer And Improve Memory
Choline is an essential B vitamin that functions as a precursor for the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and as a bull ding block for phospholipids in cellular membranes and lipoproteins and for the methyl donor betaine. It can be manufactured...
Category:   Supplements and Vitamins
Ciwujia And Weight Loss
Pronounced su-wah-ja, ciwujia is extract of the root of a plant (Acanthopanax senticosus) grown in northeastern China. It is also known as Siberian ginseng. In traditional Chinese medicine, ciwujia has been used for 1,700 years to prevent fatigue...
Category:   Weight Loss
Colostrum Supplements For Boosting Gastrointestinal Immunity
Colostrum is the clear or cloudy "premilk" female mammals secrete after giving birth and before producing milk. Colostrum for dietary supplements is usually derived from bovine sources and contains various immunoglobulins (also called...
Category:   Supplements and Vitamins
Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
Discovered in 1978 at the University of Wisconsin, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a naturally occurring fatty acid present in meat, dairy products (particularly cheddar and colby cheeses), sunflower oil, and safflower oil. It is formed when the...
Category:   Weight Loss
Dangers Associated With Grapefruit Diet Pills
First popularized in Hollywood in the 1930s and again in the 1980s, the grapefruit diet is back, reincarnated in pill form. Grapefruit diet pills contain a grapefruit extract (often the insoluble fiber pectin) along with other herbs, fibers...
Category:   Supplements and Vitamins
Devil's Claw (Harpagophytum Procumbens) Supplements
This herb's name definitely stimulates the imagination, but imagination may not be far from reality: devil's claw produces a hard fruit with large claw like appendages that lie waiting for a passerby on which to grip and hitch a ride for dispersal...
Category:   Supplements and Vitamins

 1   2   3   4   Next »