LAWYERMENT LAWYER DIRECTORY TERMS OF SERVICE
Last modified: December 11, 2017
Accepting the Terms of Service
These additional terms (the "Additional TOC") form part of Lawyerment Terms of Service.
Lawyerment Lawyer Directory (the "Directory") services are provided by Lawyerment.com ("Lawyerment"). The Directory offers you several ways to identify and locate a law firm or lawyer, including advertisements for law firms and lawyers, a searchable directory of law firms and lawyers, or third-party legal referral systems (collectively, "Lawyer Services").
Please read these terms carefully before using the Lawyer Services. By using or accessing the Lawyer Services, you agree to become bound by the Additional TOC. If you do not agree to the Additional TOC, do not use the Lawyer Services. The Lawyer Services are accessed by you under the following terms and conditions:
Lawyer Services for Users
The decision to retain a lawyer is an important one, and one that you must make carefully based on your own judgment and evaluation of that lawyer.
- At no time is a lawyer-client relationship fostered or created with us through the performance of any such Lawyer Services.
- The Directory is only one source of information among the many sources that are available to you. You may wish to consider multiple sources in order to make an informed decision in selecting a lawyer.
- You understand any law firm or lawyer listings or directories are provided by third parties and may contain inaccurate, incomplete or outdated information. You must independently verify the accuracy of any information you obtain from the Directory.
- We will never refer you to a specific law firm, lawyer or service. You are solely responsible for making a selection of a law firm, lawyer or other service and determining whether the information you obtain through your use of the Directory is suitable for your purposes. Any agreements regarding legal services or fees must be done outside the scope of the Directory and are strictly between the user and the third party and do not involve us in any way. We do not receive any portion of any law firm's or lawyer's fees. We are not involved in or responsible for any transactions that might occur, and we do not guarantee that such transactions will occur.
- The release and security of any sensitive or confidential information transmitted by you to any law firm, lawyer or service is your sole responsibility.
- We do not endorse any particular law firm, lawyer or legal service and make no representation, guarantee or warranty (express or implied) as to the legal ability, competence, quality, or reliability of any legal services provided by any of these Lawyer Services.
- We cannot perform a check for conflicts of interest between you and a law firm or lawyer provided by Lawyer Services.
- The term "experience" or "experienced" as used on the Directory is not intended to be a comparison to any other lawyer's services or qualifications.
- If you use Lawyer Services, you agree that: IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE LAWYER SERVICES OR FOR ANY ADVICE, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY ANY LAW FIRM, LAWYER WITH WHOM YOU MAY MAKE CONTACT THROUGH THE DIRECTORY. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED, OUR SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES WILL BE LIMITED TO MYR100.00.
- You also should be aware that certain states and jurisdictions have special rules relating to legal services. You should contact your state or local jurisdiction for more information.
Lawyer Ethics Notice and Rules
If you are a law firm or lawyer participating in any aspect of Lawyerment or the Directory, including but not limited to interactive areas, (a) you agree not to provide specific legal advice in any of your content and to draft content which is competent, appropriate, educational, and in accordance with your state bar's lawyer ethics requirements; (b) you represent and warrant that you are a lawyer in good standing with a license to practice law in your jurisdiction; (c) you agree to promptly notify us of any grievance, claim, reprimand, or censure brought against you, as well as resignation or other loss of license; and (d) you acknowledge that any rules of legal profession conduct of the jurisdictions where you are licensed ("Rules") apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by these Rules. These Rules include, but are not limited to, the rules relating to advertising, solicitation of clients, rules regarding the establishment of lawyer-client relationships, failure to maintain client confidences, unauthorized practice of law, and misrepresentations of fact. We disclaim all responsibility for your compliance with these Rules. We highly recommend that you include a disclaimer regarding the aforementioned advertising and ethics issues. We will have no liability to you arising out of or related to your compliance or noncompliance with such laws and rules, or related to our inclusion or failure to include a disclaimer.
You will not distribute to any persons or entities identified via our site any content or material containing solicitations or advertising of any kind without our express prior written permission. Law firms and lawyers are prohibited from soliciting employment from prospective clients through Lawyerment or any of its interactive features. In no event may any person or entity solicit any users with data retrieved from Lawyerment.
Billing and Payments
Lawyerment offers optional Professional Account and Premium Listing services (collectively "Premium Services") for law firms. By selecting a Premium Service, you agree to pay Lawyerment the subscription or fees indicated for that service. Payments for Premium Services will be charged on the day your Premium Service goes into effect and will cover the use of that service for the period indicated. Premium Service fees are not prorated or refundable.
If your payment method fails or your account is past due, Lawyerment reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your Premium Services. Any such suspension or termination will result in the cancellation of any promotional programs applicable to your Premium Services. You agree to submit any disputes regarding any charge to your account in writing to Lawyerment within sixty (60) days of such charge, otherwise such dispute will be waived and such charge will be final and not subject to challenge.
"Confidential Information" includes any proprietary data, software, technology, documentation relation to the Services, beta features in a Service and any other information disclosed by one party to the other in writing and marked "confidential". However, Confidential Information will not include any information that is or becomes known to the general public, which is already in the receiving party's possession prior to disclosure by a party or which is independently developed by the receiving party without the use of Confidential Information.
Neither party will use or disclose the other party's Confidential Information without the other's prior written consent except for the purpose of performing its obligations under the Additional TOC or if required by law, regulations or court order, in which case, the party being compelled to disclose Confidential Information will give the other party as much notice as is reasonably practicable prior to disclosing the Confidential Information.