LAWYERMENT ANSWERS TERMS OF SERVICE
Last modified: June 4, 2018
A Note from the Team
Lawyerment Answers is an easy way to get expert answers to your questions. We created it to give everyone a chance to be recognized by their peers: recognized for their knowledge, their passion and their willingness to help others get better at the things they are passionate about.
Users may ask questions for free.
We do ask that you treat our service and community with respect. Spam, personal attacks and abusive language do not have a place on Lawyerment Answers.
Accepting the Terms of Service
These additional terms form part of Lawyerment Terms and Conditions.
Lawyerment Answers (the "Service") is a questions and answers Internet site, owned and operated by Lawyerment.com ("Lawyerment"). These terms play an important role in maintaining a positive experience for our users. Please read these terms carefully before using the Service. By using or accessing the Service, you agree to become bound by all these terms. Violation of these terms will result in the termination of your Lawyerment Account. If you do not agree to all these terms, do not use the Service. The Service is accessed by you under the following terms:
User Content and Conduct
- If you create and use multiple accounts, you are at risk for losing all accumulated Lawyerment Points and having all your accounts banned.
- This is a nofollow questions and answers Internet site. It is not intended to be a source of advertising, solicitation, legal advice, self-promotion or disparagement. SEO spammers are not welcome.
- Do not post an answer that consists essentially of links. Include relevant content and essential parts of the page you are linking to in your answer and provide the link for reference only. This will help your answer remain valid even if the linked page changes.
- Saying thanks is appreciated but it is not an answer. Please consider voting up the answers that helped you the most as a more constructive way of saying thank you.
- Do not use all caps in your message. All capital letters denote shouting. Shouting is not polite, in addition to being hard on the eyes. Something may be in caps for emphasis, but no message should be posted entirely in all capital letters.
- No political, racial or religious discussion of any kind will be tolerated on the Service. Although the administrators and moderators of Lawyerment Answers will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off the Service, it is impossible for us to review all messages.
- Do not use the Service to engage in illegal activities, phishing scams or promote dangerous and illegal acts.
- Do not distribute other people's personal and confidential information, such as credit card number, national ID numbers, or account passwords, without their permission.
- Do not use the Service to create a false identity or to impersonate. Lawyerment reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a profile name in its discretion.
- Do not knowingly post any false, inaccurate or incomplete content.
- Do not troll, double-post, cross-post, flame war or spread spam to the Service.
- Do not create or submit unwanted private messages to any of the Service users or you will have your account banned or removed from the Service.
- Your profile picture cannot include mature or offensive content. For example, do not use a photo that is a close-up of a person's buttocks or cleavage.
- You must not republish content from Lawyerment Answers on another website or elsewhere.
Lawyerment does not prescreen or monitor all messages, but Lawyerment shall have the right, but not the responsibility, to remove message, in whole or in part, which is deemed in Lawyerment's sole discretion objectionable or otherwise in violation of these terms or any terms Lawyerment has in place. However, the fact that a message remains on the Service never means that it has been approved or endorsed by Lawyerment.
Lawyerment will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of content accessed through the Services.
You should exercise great caution when reading messages on the Service. Be aware that those who post messages may not be who they claim to be.
We reserve the right to refuse the Service to anyone for any reason at any time. We may terminate your Lawyerment Account and access to or use of the Service for any reason or no reason, with or without notice, at any time.
The Service is not intended to address emergency situations which should be directed immediately to qualified professionals.
Information Not Advice
Information provided via the Service is to be used for general information purposes only, not as a substitute for informed legal, financial, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. You should always seek independent professional advice in the applicable area before acting on any advice or information available on the Service.
The questions or comments you submit and the answers you receive do not form the basis for a professional-client relationship, including but not limited to attorney-client and are not confidential and shall not be the subject of any associated privileges.
Termination of Service
You'll have to contact Lawyerment to request deletion by filling out the form and choosing the subject line "Lawyerment Answers". Please note that account deletion is not instant. If your account has voted or posted, it may take longer for your request to be processed.
Content you've posted to the Service is licensed to Lawyerment in accordance with the Lawyerment Terms and Conditions, and you therefore cannot request that it be deleted with your account.
At any time, without notice, for any or no reason, Lawyerment reserves the right to refuse the Service to anyone, to modify and discontinue any portion or all of the Service, and to restrict, suspend and terminate your account.
You may not transfer or assign any of your rights and duties under these terms without the prior written consent of Lawyerment.