Golden Screen Cinemas (GSC) is the leading cinema exhibitor and distributor in Malaysia. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of PPB Group Berhad, a member of the Kuok Group. From its initial operations of cane cultivation and sugar milling in 1968, the PBB Group Berhad has since grown into a major conglomerate.
In 1987, PPB Group and Golden Harvest (Int.) Ltd of Hong Kong jointly established Golden Communications (M) Sdn. Bhd. to operate a chain of cinemas in Malaysia which were leased from Shaw Brothers (M) Sdn. Bhd., a pioneer in Malaysian film industry.
Golden Communications (M) Sdn. Bhd. merged with Cathay Organisation (M) Sdn. Bhd. in 1997 to become the biggest company in the Malaysian cinema entertainment business. Golden Screen Cinemas Sdn. Bhd. was established as a result of the merger.
In 1999, GSC's 1st cinema, GSC Mid Valley, Kuala Lumpur was opened. It is Asia's largest multiplex with 18 screens.
GSC first introduced digital 3D films in June 2008.
Golden Screen Cinemas has 233 screens in 27 locations nationwide, capturing about 40% of domestic box office collections.
* Tropicana City Mall, Berjaya Times Square, Alamanda Putrajaya, Cheras Leisure Mall, Summit USJ, Pavilion, Mid Megamall, 1 Utama, Signature, Paradigm, Setia City Mall & IOI Mall;
* Gurney Plaza, Sunway Carnival & Queensbay Mall Penang;
* Dataran Pahlawan & AEON Bandaraya Melaka;
* Bintang Megamall Miri; CityONE Megamall Kuching;
* Suria Sabah & 1 Borneo;
* Amanjaya Mall;
* Ipoh Parade;
* Terminal One;
* East Coast Mall, Berjaya MegaMall & Mentakab Star Mall.
The official website of Golden Screen Cinemas (GSC) was launched in 1998. The website features:
Now Showing; Next Change; Coming Soon; International Screens; Movie Guide and Archive.