Social Security Organization (SOCSO) (PERKESO)
Also known as PERKESO
or Pertubuhan Keselamatan Sosial
in the Malay term. A statutory body under the Ministry of Human Resources
Established in January 1971 to administer, enforce and implement the Employee Social Security Act 1969 and the Employee Social Security (General) Regulations 1971.
Logo of SOCSO
Social Security Organization (SOCSO) provides social security protection by social insurance including medical and cash benefits, provision of artificial aids and rehabilitation to employees to reduce the sufferings and to provide financial guarantees and protection to the family.
Social Security Organization (SOCSO) is a member of the International Social Security Association (ISSA)
since 1974. It became a statutory body on July 1, 1985.
Social Security Organization (SOCSO) provides coverage to employees through 2 main schemes namely:
- Employment Injury Insurance Scheme: provides protection for accidents that occur while traveling, arising out of and in the course of employment and occupational diseases
- Invalidity Pension Scheme: provides protection against invalidity or death due to any cause not connected with employment.
Benefits include medical benefit, temporary and permanent disablement benefit, constant attendance allowance, dependant's benefit, funeral benefit, rehabilitation benefit and education benefit, survivors' pension, invalidity grant.
Every employer with one or more employees, who are employed for a monthly salary of RM4,000 or below under a contract of service or apprenticeship is required to register and pay the contributions to SOCSO. Employers will be compounded for failing to do so.
The official site of Social Security Organization (SOCSO)
- Social Security Protection Principles
- Employer and Employee Registration
- Payment and Rate of Contributions
- Social Security Protection Schemes
- Benefits Under the Schemes
- Checklists and Forms
- Panel Clinics and Dialysis Centres
- Enforcement and FAQs
- Online Services
Share this page
|Guide ID: 287 - Last Updated: July 23, 2016