The Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation
, abbreviated MOSTI, is also commonly known as the Kementerian Sains Teknologi dan Inovasi
in Malay term.
Logo of Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation
Established in 1973 as the Ministry of Technology, Research and Local Government (Malay: Kementerian Teknologi, Penyelidikan dan Kerajaan Tempatan
With additional responsibilities and functions as the lead agency pertaining to environmental matters, the Ministry then assumed its name Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment (MOSTE) (Malay: Kementerian Sains, Teknologi dan Alam Sekitar
) in 1976.
On March 27, 2004, the restructuring of MOSTE resulted in the formation of two new Ministries, namely the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) and the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (NRE) (Malay: Kementerian Sumber Asli dan Alam Sekitar)
Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) is entrusted to oversee and enhance the development of science, information and communications technology, multimedia and innovation fields in Malaysia.
In 2007, the functions of the Science and Technology were broken into clusters of biotechnology, ICT, space and sea industries, and core cluster of science and technology.
On October 3, 2016, MOSTI was restructured again to focus on the enhancement and promotion of the commercialization programs of R&D production and innovation.
Departments under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation are:
- Atomic Energy Licencing Board (Malay: Lembaga Perlesenan Tenaga Atom LPTA)
- Department of Chemistry Malaysia (Malay: Jabatan Kimia Malaysia JKM)
- Department of Standards Malaysia (Malay: Jabatan Standard Malaysia)
- Malaysian Nuclear Agency (Nuclear Malaysia) (Malay: Agensi Nuklear Malaysia)
- Malaysian Meteorological Department (Malay: Jabatan Meteorologi Malaysia)
- Malaysia Remote Sensing Agency (Malay: Agensi Remote Sensing Malaysia)
- National Space Agency (Malay: Agensi Angkasa Negara ANGKASA)
- National Science Centre (Malay: Pusat Sains Negara PSN)
Government Linked Companies (GLCs) under the purview of the Ministry are:
- Astronautic Technogy (M) Sdn. Bhd. (ATSB)
- CyberSecurity Malaysia
- Kumpulan Modal Perdana Sdn. Bhd
- NanoMalaysia Bhd.
- National Institutes of Biotechnology Malaysia (NIBM)
- Malaysia Design Council (Malay: Majlis Rekabentuk Malaysia)
- Malaysia Bioeconomy Development Corporation Sdn. Bhd.
- Malaysia Venture Capital Management Bhd. (MAVCAP)
- Malaysia Debt Ventures Bhd. (MDV)
- MIMOS Bhd.
- SIRIM Bhd.
- Technology Park Malaysia Corporation Sdn. Bhd. (TPM)
Services provided by MOSTI include:
- Weather forecast report
- Radioactive materials licensing
- Managing and coordinating research, development and commercialization funds
- DNA test
- Standard certification
- Cyber security
- Space science education
- Consultancy on radiation protection
- Observation of the earth's surface
- Non-formal science, technology and innovation education
The official website of the Ministry of Technology, Technology and Innovation
- Funds and Grants:
Fund Application, Smart Challenge Fund (SMART Fund), GO Funds (Facilitation Fund, InnoFund), Projects Approved Under Fund Division
ePayment (ePermit, Malaysia Standards Online), eParticipation, Mobile and External Apps (myCuaca, myGovernment, eDirectory Malaysia Commercialisation Year, KRSTE.my, MyMesyuarat, Science Funds, eHCD, eDana)
Procurement, Tender and Quotation, Science and Technology Awards, FAQs, Industrial Training, Publications
Screenshot of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (Malaysia)