Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism (MDTCC)
Commonly known as the Kementerian Perdagangan Dalam Negeri, Koperasi dan Kepenggunaan (KPDNKK)
in Malay term.
Logo of the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism (MDTCC)
Established on October 27, 1990 as the Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (MDTCA) (Malay: Kementerian Perdagangan Dalam Negeri Dan Hal Ehwal Pengguna
) with the aim towards encouraging ethical trade practices and to protect consumer interest.
In April 2009, the Ministry of Entrepreneur and Cooperative Development (MECD)
was abolished. Its functions and agencies were absorbed by the Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (MDTCA) which was simultaneously renamed the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism (MDTCC)
. Its roles and functions were expanded to cover the franchise and co-operative sectors.
The Ministry's functions include managing matters related to consumer protection and awareness, domestic trade and intellectual property; licensing for franchising, manufacturing, traders and sales, direct selling, and selling of petroleum and petrochemical products; implementing weights and measures rules; control and monitor prices of essential goods; regulate and develop co-operative sector; and registering of companies and businesses.
Agencies under the Ministry are:
- Companies Commission of Malaysia (CCM)
- Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia (MyIPO)
- Bank Kerjasama Rakyat Malaysia
- Cooperative Commission of Malaysia
- Perbadanan Nasional Berhad (PNS)
- Cooperative College of Malaysia
- Malaysia Competition Commission (MyCC)
Official site of the Kementerian Perdagangan Dalam Negeri, Koperasi dan Kepenggunaan (KPDNKK)
- Tribunal for Consumer Claims: e-Tribunal; Claim Forms; List of branches; Procedure for Filing and Registration; Hearing Procedure and Schedule; Award Tribunal and Enforcement; Penalty for Failure to Comply
- Price Control: By means of Administration or Law Enforcement
- Consumerism Education: Awareness, Protection and Development Programmes
- Pyramid Scheme
- Controlled Goods: List and Scheduled; Government Subsidies Controlled Goods; Prohibited Goods Export
- Franchise Industry: Registration, Development and Compliance
- Trader: Business Development; Petroleum Management Industry; SME Product Development; Management of Import and Export of Sugar; Optical Discs Manufacturing Management; Management of Cement and Clinker Export License; Management of Wheat Import License
- Direct Sales: List of revoked license; List of companies that have not submitted BMS
- Regulation of Service Industry
- Weight and Measure License Management
- Cheap Sales Notice (Notis Jual Murah) Guidelines and Approval Application
- e-Aduan (e-Complaint)
- FAQs, Acts and Enforcement
Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism
No 13, Persiaran Perdana
||Available in English and Malay versions.
Share this page
|Guide ID: 1659 - Last Updated: September 29, 2016