Malaysia Venture Capital Management Berhad (MAVCAP)
Malaysia Venture Capital Management Berhad
, abbreviated MAVCAP
, is the largest technology venture capital company in Malaysia which focuses on investments in the local information, communications and technology (ICT) sector and other high-growth sectors.
Logo of Malaysia Venture Capital Management Berhad (MAVCAP)
Incorporated in 2001 with an initial fund of RM500 million, Malaysia Venture Capital Management Berhad (MAVCAP) is a government linked company under the purview of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation, Malaysia (MOSTI)
The main objective of Malaysia Venture Capital Management Berhad is to develop and spur the growth of the technology sector and the venture capital industry in Malaysia through venture capital financing.
MAVCAP invests through its:
- Direct Investment Program: Equity participation
- Outsource Partners Program: Co-invest with other venture capitalists and investors
MAVCAP may hold Board position and invest for a period of 3-8 years in its portfolio companies which include seed, start-up, early, expansion and late stage companies.
Minimum investment is RM50,000 while the maximum investment is RM40 million.
The official website of Malaysia Venture Capital Management Berhad
- About MAVCAP, Program and Funds
- How does Venture Capital help companies?
- What is Venture Capital?
- Partners Program
- Online Submission of Business Proposal
General Investment Process:
Screenshot of Malaysia Venture Capital Management Berhad (MAVCAP)
1. Submission of Business Proposal or Executive Summary
2. Prospect Summary:
3. Initial Screening:
- Log deal into VCMS
- 3-5 pages internal report that summarizes the key investment points
- Require votes on VCMS to proceed to next stage
- 5-10 pages internal report on key points of your business
- Promoter presents to members of Investment Committee and obtain their feedback on your business or market space
- Require higher number of votes on VCMS to proceed to next stage
4. Due Diligence:
- Legal due diligence
- Financial due diligence
- Technical due diligence
- Market due diligence
- Promoter due diligence
5. Term Sheet:
- Salient Investment Structure (Ordinary Shares, Redeemable Convertible Preference Shares, Share Holders Agreement)
- Investor Rights
- Milestone Drawdowns (Operations, Sales, Technical, Profit, etc.)
- Conditions Precedent
- Term Sheet sign off
6. Investment Committee Meeting:
- Present on your behalf to the Investment Committee panel
- Unanimous votes required for investment to go through
7. Legal Negotiation:
- Translating the term sheet into Shareholders Agreement, Subscription Agreement, etc.
- Agreements signed
- CPs met
- 1st tranche disbursement takes place
- Become an investee company of MAVCAP
Share this page
|Guide ID: 3298 - Last Updated: September 30, 2017