Wavosaur has all the features to edit audio (cut, copy, paste, etc.) produce music loops, analyze, record, batch convert.
Wavosaur supports VST plugins, ASIO driver, multichannel wav files, real time effect processing.
The program has no installer and doesn't write in the registry. Use it as a free mp3 editor, for mastering, sound design. The Wavosaur freeware audio editor works on Windows 98, Windows XP and Windows Vista.
* Multiple Document Interface for working with many files in one session
* All classic editing functions : cut, copy, paste, paste mix, paste replace/insert, paste to new file, trim/crop, delete, undo.
* Many processing options: mute, channel convert (stereo->mono, mono->stereo), insert silence, change volume, normalize level, fade in/out, invert/flip, undo.
* Accurate waveform representation, fast zoom in/out, clean easy to use interface Right mouse to scroll/display context menu. Skinable editor look.
* Resample, bit-depth convert (8,16,24,32 bits), pitch shift, vocal removal, DC offset removing, auto-trim, silence remover, interpolate, auto detect region, crossfade loop, exporting multiple wav file from regions.
* Wavosaur can import, save and edit loop points & markers informations in wav files. Snap to zero-crossing.
* Batch processing : apply process/effect/VST effects to an entire folder.
* Export files as text for using in software such as Matlab, Excel or PSpice.
* ASIO support.
* Audio routing, multichannel support, audio output samplerate up to 192 KHz, 24 bits.
* Record from your soundcard input (line in, mic input). Real time resampling.
* Loads wav, mp3, aif, aiff, ogg vorbis, raw binary, au/snd, ADPCM Dialogic vox, Akai S1000 sample, Amiga 8svx & 16svx, wavpack.
* Support for multichannel wav, 8 bits, 16 bits, 24 bits, 32 bits PCM, 32 bits float, 64 bits float @ any samplerate.
* Import any binary files, export multiple files from markers. Export MP3 (support for lame encoder).
* Wavosaur provides a solid VST effect plugin support.
* You can chain VST effects in a virtual rack, save and recall your chains.
* and more...