Dec 15, 2015
Audio Utilities and Plug-Ins Software
The Audacity Team
Mac Linux Windows XP Windows Vista Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows 10
1GB RAM, 1GHz processor
|" A very popular, free and feature rich audio recording and editing software application. "
Audacity is a cross-platform, free and open-source, easy-to-use yet powerful audio editor and recorder.
- Import an audio file, edit and export it. Supports common file formats including WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis and MP3 (via the LAME encoder);
- Connect a microphone, guitar or instrument to your computer and configure Audacity for sound recording;
- Record a narration and mix with background music. You can cut the narration to fit the music or lower the volume of the music during narration;
- Multi-track mixing or overdubbing. Play a recorded track and add a second or more tracks against it e.g. bass, guitar, piano, flute;
- Remove or isolate vocals to create karaoke tracks and isolated vocal tracks;
- Make an audio loop from an audio track;
- Import a ringtone source file or any audio file, edit and export the custom ringtone to the file format your phone requires;
- Record streaming audio from an internet radio, video or website;
- Connect a USB cassette player to your computer and convert your old cassette tapes into digital tracks or MP3. You can also split the recording into multiple tracks;
- Remove clicks and pops from your recording;
- Exporting audio for use in iTunes. WAV and AIFF formats for high quality lossless audio files;
- Playing, recording, timeline quick-play and scrubbing and seeking;
- Support for a huge varieties of effect plug-ins: LADSPA, LV2 (32-bit), Nyquist, VST and Audio Unit;
- Spectrogram mode for visualizing frequencies and "Plot Spectrum" command for detailed frequency analysis;
- Record and edit 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit (floating point) samples. Sample rates and formats are converted using high-quality resampling and dithering;
- Simple editing with cut, copy and paste;
- Unlimited undo and redo;
- Very fast editing of large files;
- Use the Drawing tool to alter individual sample points;
- Fade the volume up or down smoothly with the Envelope tool;
- Change the pitch without altering the tempo or vice-versa;
- Remove static, hiss, hum, or other constant background noises;
- Alter frequencies with Equalization, Notch Filter, and Bass and Treble effects;
- Adjust volumes with Compressor, Amplify, Crossfade Clips and Tracks, Adjustable Fade and Normalize effects;
- Create voice-overs for podcasts or DJ sets using Auto Duck effect;
- Other built-in effects include:
- Truncate Silence
Top Related Downloads
||ExpressFX 2 DirectX Audio Plug-Ins
Four effects including Amplitude Modulation, Chorus, Delay, and EQ.
||Blaze Audio Voice Cloak
Disguise, morph, and improve your online voice. Change gender, add sound effects, RobotVoice, pitch shift, echo in real time.
Automatically record thousands of radio shows and Podcasts. iPod support.
A very popular, free and feature rich audio recording and editing software application.
Ensures that all your songs play at the same volume level.