Adopting P2P(Peer-to-Peer) technology, It is very efficient and easy to use. Let anyone become a broadcaster without the costs of a powerful server and vast bandwidth. You can build your own TV stations comparable with large commercial sites with minimal resources. Using SopCast, you can serve 10,000 online users with a personal computer and a home broadband connection.
* State-of-the-art P2P technology. Share the data among all viewers, make the channel more available and stable.
* Minimal delay in the P2P streaming market.
* Fast buffering. 10-30seconds.
* Firewall and NAT traversal technology to pass 90% P2P barriers.
* Build your own channels and broadcast it over the Internet.
* Streaming real time streams. Support for many streaming transport protocol. mms, http, etc.
* Streaming media files. Many file types: asf, wmv, rm, rmvb, mp3, etc.
* Support for loop file playing.
* Extremely low memory footprint and CPU load
* Standard channel URL: click on any sop:// URL to play.
* Real time monitor of broadcasting source quality and network quality to help viewers to select a appropriate channel.
* Record the clips when you are watching it.
* Can play the stream with your favorite player, such as Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, VLC, etc.
* Memory buffering, no harm to the hard disk.
* Support for authentication for both the broadcasters and the viewers. The broadcaster has full control on his channels.
* End-to-End security, encrypted messages, hi level P2P security, no hijack.
* Support multiple channels broadcast on the same server. Normally, you can run 5-10 channels on one PC.
* The Sop Player can be embedded into a webpage or any software applications. It works just like Windows Media Player.
* The Sop Server and Sop Player can be run both on Windows and Linux. The whole system can be ported to embedded Linux.
* Freeware, not ad/spy ware
SopCast include 4 component, SopPlayer, SopServer, VoD and WebPlay. SopPlayer for viewer, SopServer for broadcaster, VoD provides movies over P2P, and WebPlayer for web viewer.