Free protection against viruses, worms and trojans, AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is ideal for private, non-commercial use. (Use of AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition within any organization or for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.) Join the millions of satisfied customers worldwide who have downloaded the software and now enjoy the benefits of AVG products.
What you get with AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition:
* virus, spyware and malware detection
- Easy to install and light to use
- Real-time antivirus protection of files and e-mails
- Maximum security - certifications include VB100%, ICSA, and West Coast Labs Checkmark
- Regular and automatic database and program updates
- AVG's scanning engine has received numerous awards for its excellent detection of "in the wild" viruses. Its unique combination of detection methods provides full protection against viruses, worms, and trojans.
* Full on-access protection
- The powerful AVG Resident Shield provides maximum protection by scanning every file opened, executed, or saved. It also prevents the opening or executing of infected files.
* Full e-mail protection
- The AVG Personal E-mail Scanner checks every e-mail sent or received, providing full protection from e-mail-borne threats. AVG supports all leading e-mail clients, including MS Outlook, The bat!, Eudora, and all other SMTP/POP3-based e-mail clients, such as Outlook Express. Encrypted connections using SSL are also supported.
* Automatic threat handling
- AVG can automatically heal or remove infected files and other threats such as trojans and worms.
You can control the frequency of popup in-app offers in AVG Antivirus software. But the minimum frequency is once every 3 days.