Arc Menu 5.3b
Feb 7, 2011
DOS Windows 98 Windows XP Windows Server 2003 Windows Vista Windows 7
Arc Menu Review
|" Secure multi-user DOS menu program. "
Arc is a full-featured menu system that can be used to run all of your favorite programs. It looks very slick, uses no memory and is network-compatible. It runs under DOS, Windows 3.x, 95 and NT, and supports long filenames.
It caters for all levels of users by being very easy to setup, use and modify. Advanced users like its rich command structure and unrestrictive design, while beginners like its apparent simplicity and attractive windowed presentation.
* Uses no memory to run commands. This makes it perfect for Networks where low RAM is at a premium. It can also be used to load and unload TSRs. It is also great as a menu system for CD-ROMs, because it is fast and slick.
* Immediate access to all of your commands. Hot keys (single key presses) allow quick access within a single window, while shortcuts (key combination) allow instant access to far reaches of the menu, and to items not in the current window. Every item can have a shortcut and multiple hot keys.
* Network & multi-user. Support includes Novell, LANtastic and Banyan Vines. Arc uses file locking to prevent conflicts.
* Security. Access to DOS and to editing can be restricted. You can also prevent users from changing their passwords, color schemes and preferences.
- Authority levels provide a passive system that requires no interaction from the user after login. The user cannot even see or modify any items with a higher authority than their own.
- Passwords provide an active system that requires intervention from the user. All passwords are comprehensively encrypted.
* AutoBuild makes adding new programs as easy as point-and- click. However, if you want to get your hands dirty, Arc allows a batch file of up to 64K for each menu item.
* Auto installation detects ALL programs and adds them to the menu. It can classify over 360 programs.
* Context-sensitive system help (over 80 pages) with index.
* User-defined help can be added to each menu item, edited and updated on the fly. Up to 64K can be defined per menu item.
* Full point-and-click mouse support.
* ... and more.
Top Related Downloads