Info-ZIP WiZ 5.03
Jul 9, 2009
File Compression and Zipping Software
Greg Roelofs & Mike White
Windows 95 Windows 98 Windows NT Windows 2000 Windows ME Windows XP Windows Vista Windows 7
Info-ZIP WiZ Review
|" A free, high-quality and portable Zip and UnZip compressor-archiver utilities. "
Info-ZIP WiZ is a combination Zip and UnZip graphical front end for Windows platforms; its primary author is Mike White. WiZ currently runs only under 32-bit Windows (95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/etc.), although older releases also supported 16-bit Windows 3.x. As with all of Info-ZIP's software, WiZ is completely free and available as source code, too.
UnZip is an extraction utility for archives compressed in .zip format (also called "zipfiles"). Although highly compatible both with PKWARE's PKZIP and PKUNZIP utilities for MS-DOS and with Info-ZIP's own Zip program, our primary objectives have been portability and non-MSDOS functionality.
UnZip will list, test, or extract files from a .zip archive, commonly found on MS-DOS systems. The default behavior (with no options) is to extract into the current directory (and subdirectories below it) all files from the specified zipfile.
* ZipInfo - for detailed zipfile information
* fUnZip - for extracting in a pipe
* UnZipSFX - for creating self-extracting archives
Zip is a compression and file packaging/archive utility. Although highly compatible both with PKWARE's PKZIP and PKUNZIP utilities for MS-DOS and with Info-ZIP's own UnZip, their primary objectives have been portability and other-than-MSDOS functionality.
Features not found in the PKWARE version include:
* creating zipfiles in a pipe or on a device
* VMS and OS/2 extended file attributes
* conversion between Unix, MS-DOS and Macintosh text file formats
* the ability to run on most of your favorite operating systems.
* ZipNote - for adding/deleting comments to zipfiles
* ZipSplit - for splitting zipfiles
* ZipCloak - for encrypting and decrypting (with optional zcrypt add-on package)
Top Related Downloads