- Installs and runs from the Windows start/programs menu
- Simply run MediaWiper and choose which disk to sanitize
- Answer yes to confirmation prompts to erase your media
- Automatically formats drives after wiping so you can reuse the disk right away.
- Unlimited drive wipes
- Permanently erases all disk data
- Completely erase all data on partitions, memory cards (compact flash, MMC, memory sticks, smart media, IBM Micro-drives, etc.), USB drives, diskettes, hard drives, zip disks, and more
- Choose to verify that a disk is sanitized
- Sector viewer allows visual inspection of individual disk sectors
- Compatible with FAT and NTFS formats
Meets U.S. Department of Defense Standards:
- Meets Department of Defense disk sanitizing standards to erase data.
- Optional audit log reports keep track of drives that have been sanitized.
MediaWiper is an approved compliance tool for HIPAA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, The Patriot Act, Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act, and others.
- Easy-to-use, step-by-step help to wipe your media
- No limit on the number of drives that can be wiped
- Runs from within Windows, no need to restart the computer
- Double confirmation prompts to protect you from mistakes
- Erase all data on partitions, memory cards (compact flash, MMC, memory stick, smart media, IBM Micro-drives, etc.), USB drives, diskettes, hard drives, zip disks, and more! Does not support CDR/DVDR
- Automatically formats the drive after wiping
- User can choose to format hard drives as NTFS or FAT
- Automatic update feature to detect if a newer version is available
- Includes two verifying operations to ensure that disks are sanitized
- Allows the user to inspect disk sectors