Defrag for Windows 2.1
Feb 26, 2004
Benchmarking and Tune-Up Software
Windows 98 Windows ME Windows XP
Defrag for Windows Review
|" Make your Windows run faster by defragmenting the fragmented files. "
Defrag for Windows is an easy-to-use complete defragmenting utility to make your Windows run faster by defragmenting the fragmented files. Defrag for Windows is fully automatic and as user-friendly as a one-button-click. Just click a button and go to launch or bed. Defrag for Windows will do all the neccesary operations and depending on you choice restart or shut down your PC. Defrag for Windows runs on Windows 98/ME/2000/XP and is designed to do the tedious task of a complete defragmenting without human intervention.
Why do I need this software? Because your programs and documents will load slower and slower by time due to fragmentation. Thus you need to defragment your files regularly. Since a complete defragmenting is a tedious and time-consuming task and involves some complicated steps, we have created Defrag for Windows to automate this process. This software is for you, if you want to run your PC at peek speed.
Complete defragmenting consists of 7 steps:
- Shutting down running processes.
- Disabling and removing the paging file.
- Running Windows Scan Disk utility.
- Running Windows Defrag utility.
- Restarting the running processes.
- Enabling paging file.
- Restarting/shutting down the PC.
All the steps are necessary for a satisfactory result.
What is new in this version:
- Power off PC after defrag added.
- If Defrag for Windows was interrupted or canceled, Windows memory settings could not be reset, resulting in error messages like "Insufficient memory". This issue is now fixed, however we do not recommend interrupting or cancelling the process midway.
Top Related Downloads